DPF delete and Stage 2 tune

A.D.TDI

TDI
2011 golf tdi
Hey guys, I got a couple questions about Malone Tuning. I have sent Malone 2 emails and they havn't gotten back to me in over a week. Im waiting for answers before I order any components for my track-only vehicle.

If I wanna do the tune myself, will I have to buy my own Flashzilla, or can I borrow one from someone who already has it? If I am able to borrow/rent one please PM me.

Also, After malone sends me the tune, and after the DPF and EGR delete, will I need to consider anything else for my car to start/drive? Like Immobilizer, etc?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
No you cannot use someone else's Flashzilla to tune your car, unless someone has an expensive Flashzilla which allows more than one VIN to be used! Usually only shops have those.

You need a Flashzilla to download your OEM tune to send to Malone. They will then send you a Stage 2 tuned file and you upload it to your car using the FZ.

Malone will rent you a Flashzilla for a fee.

Having said that, I believe there are 2 tuning shops in the GTA who can/will do it for you, also for a fee of course.

My_name_is_Rob

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 A4 Quattro
I just tuned mine, and they were incredibly responsive on the emails. I have nothing but good things to say about the folks at Malone. And because i wanted the option to eco my car at some point in the future, i got both the stage 2 tunes at the same time.

ErackTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 jetta. 13 jetta, 04 jetta
if u delete and haven't tuned yet
you will be able to start and drive the car one time
after the next key cycle the ecu will not let you drive
or maybe drive at a very deduced rate