Adblue light intermittently on

tommy boy

TDI
2013 Passat TDI 6SMT
Hi All,

Recently (just over 2 months ago) I had my turbo replaced after failure while driving to work. The result was a lot of oil in the turbo cold side and inter-cooler (about a liter between them) which after turbo replacement seemed to cause a problem with my DPF. I was getting CEL every once and a while for slow EGR response but it was weird. It would come on for a half day or day then the light would shut off for a week and back on for a morning commute this continued until I was able to get the car looked at again when the light was on. My mechanic somehow cleaned the DPF on the understanding that this isn't like putting a new DPF. I was cool with it.

So after all of this work when driving the car every once in a while the the ADBlue light comes on for anything from 30s to 1 minute and it says I have 110km before no engine restart, I find the page MFI for the ADBLue watch for it to shut off from there when the error clears. It's been 3000 to 4000km and yesterday it came on and said 100km. So I now know its really counting down very slowly. Is there something that needs to be reset in the computer after DPF replacement/repair or does this seem like a faulty sensor or something. Every time it comes on I am nowhere near my mechanic so it been hard for him to diagnose this.

The car is a 2013 Passat TDI 6SMT

Any help or insight is appreciated,
Dan