2.0TDI 140 Pre-Map Essentials?

Torque

TDI
pd130
I guys, my first post on the forums just like to say hi .I am a long time oil burner fan rating them before most ppl even considered them.

Anyhows asking for some advise for a friend and he is about to go for a full rolling road before and after custom map session for his 2005 TDI 2.0 140BHP
And was wondering what the pre map essentials are (obvoiusly you wanna do all the mods you can before so you get them all mapped for the car etc)

I said to him most proberly an intercooler as he does big miles and it doesn't really add much bhp (5-10?) but keeps the engine cool and in my op will normaly increase engine life.And i think there around £250? (altho i dont see on a quick search) but i am not too sure when it comes to tdi engines? I know its a good mod on Turbo petrols, Scoobys etc.?But on the main part of the webesite its states its not a very good mod?!?

Anyhows anything upto 300-400£ cost prior mapping as the guy said the maps gonna cost around £400 My mate doesnt wanna go much more than £800 in total.

Mods must be to increase well running engine than just outrigth power and any longetivity mods would be great as he loves stuff like that.Ive allready got him using Full syn oil , keeping car revs/load low until warm and after long drives letting the turbo cool down for 30-1m atleasts.

Anyhows any advise would be great.They tuners recon around 175-180BHP on the dyno just from the remap, Was hoping another 400£ on mods would push 200? not sure lol

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Hi and welcome.....

I believe the 140hp motor has quite a good ic as is and apart from putting on a miltec exhaust catback etc plus blocking off the egr valve etc i would tell your friend to just have it remapped and enjoy!!.........is it an 8v or 16v motor/unit!

micasb

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI
mojogoes said:
Hi and welcome.....

I believe the 140hp motor has quite a good ic as is and apart from putting on a miltec exhaust catback etc plus blocking off the egr valve etc i would tell your friend to just have it remapped and enjoy!!.........is it an 8v or 16v motor/unit!
Hi.

It's a 16v engine.
I'd go for the remap as he will note quite a big difference on performance.
After the remap the cars seems like a different one.
The stock intercooler is quite good, but you can use a plug-and-play solution that is even better than the stock IC. The S3 intercooler is a little bigger and is al in alluminium. It fits perfectly. You can find it on ebay.de arround 350€.
A better turbo would no doubt increase reliability. And after the remap, reinforcing clutch is almost mandatory. I remaped mine and the clutch imediatly started to spin off...

Best regards.

evsy125

TDI
mk5 golf 2.0 tdi bkd 140bhp
I remapped my 140bhp golf BKD engine with the kerma Q-loader. Had to keep sending the maps back for less power because the clutch could not take it!

New sach race clutch in now and full power map in now. jesus it flys!

I posted question about egr blocking off but no solid replies.

CAT bypass is my next thing.

micasb

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI
evsy125 said:
I remapped my 140bhp golf BKD engine with the kerma Q-loader. Had to keep sending the maps back for less power because the clutch could not take it!

New sach race clutch in now and full power map in now. jesus it flys!

I posted question about egr blocking off but no solid replies.

CAT bypass is my next thing.
Hi.

Yes you bet. The cluth is weak and it doesn't handle the remap. A new reinforced clutch is a "must have".
Other thing we do here in Portugal,besides the clutch, we use the (that part that presses the clutch against the flywheel) of the S3 model. It needs some modifications but it will be perfect for a lot of torque...

Best regards.

F1 tuning

Vendor
TDI
Varios TDI
I can ave few suggestion.
Better intercooler is recommended, high flow cat is a step up, nice gain and great in torque delivery, i would recommend also if you can to remove the muffler and straight pipe, make big difference as well.
By free up the exs system the turbo spulls up way better and also lower the temperature leading in better turbo life, so after all this a tuning can bring very close to 200hp but toque is the larger gain, but remember good "tuning" is the key, there is allot tuners there in the UK and allot competition, and there is allot bad tuning, no necessarily is cheap, so maybe you get you car tuned it would be different but not as good it should be, and the last is "high boost" pressure increase or crazy spikes of boost were i seen adding hardware to correct this problem.
Is not what you want in you car especially if you care about long last reliability

Last edited:

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Clutch is defintely the first weak link.

F1 tuning

Vendor
TDI
Varios TDI
mojogoes said:
You should see how good the tuning is in Portugal!!:rolleyes: CAN YOU SAY RIP OFF!
I don't ave any ideas how they to business there, maybe you can tell me,
i was thinking different instead but anyone are responsible for themselves.
i just worry about mine to get up and stay that' way