Hello from Colorado

MountainTig

TDI
2006 New Beetle
Hi All !
This is my first TDI but have had a few VW's in my past. My next purchase will be a Tiguan (hence the name MountainTig since MountainBug was taken), but wanted to get broken in to the TDI.
What can I say, I'm really happy with the New Beetle though a noob, I'll eventually catch up !

Specs: 2006 New Beetle TDI with (I think) package 2. Salsa Red!
Purchased with 20k on the odo, pretty high for me since my usual transportation has been the bus!

Here's my page on it:
http://members.rennlist.com/mountain914/Bug.html

It seems to have a fair share of rattles and wind noise, but I'll eventually be seeing if I can tweak those areas!
I have now been through one tank of gas - 46 MPG !! Yeah :D
I don't know what questions to ask first, so I think I'll lurk a while.

AccountingTroll

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1996, Pearl White 2006 NB, Red
MountainTig said:
I have now been through one tank of gas - 46 MPG !! Yeah :D .
Ya, that will cause you problems, You see, you need to but diesel fuel in your car, not gas. :D

Welcome to Fred’s.

littlesilverbugfromwales

TDI
vw new beetle tdi 100 pd
46 to the US gallon, 56 to the imp gallon! very nice:)
I'm getting 1 or 2 less to the gallon on a UK spec 2003 NB PD TDi.
Mine has a few little rattles too over bad road surfaces, never mind, we still look cool:D
BTW I do like those hoops (alloys)

MountainTig

TDI
2006 New Beetle
Oh yeah - gas is what I get at Taco Bell... Since I'm bad about calling it Deisel, maybe I should just stick with "fuel" ;)

Yes, the 2006 TDI is 1.9L and 100 horse/177 Ft Lbs Torque.
Were the older 1.7L more or less horspower?

I don't know anything about it yet, but will learn over the next few months (I hope). As far as I know, they didn't bring the TDI to North America in 2007 (right?) but I don't know why.

So far - I am loving it but it will be snowing tonight so it's back to the 4x4 truck for me for a while.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the wheels are factory, but they are nice! These look a bit scuffed and scraped, which explains why the rear-end was out of alignment, but all is right now!

DieselDriver2003

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 New Beetle GLS 5spd
Welcome! I picked up one just like yours in Beige/Beige Leather yesterday. I don't have Homelink though but it's good for now because we're renting for short period! Maybe we can brain dump on each other when we have issues down the road!:)
MountainTig said:
Hi All !
This is my first TDI but have had a few VW's in my past. My next purchase will be a Tiguan (hence the name MountainTig since MountainBug was taken), but wanted to get broken in to the TDI.
What can I say, I'm really happy with the New Beetle though a noob, I'll eventually catch up !

Specs: 2006 New Beetle TDI with (I think) package 2. Salsa Red!
Purchased with 20k on the odo, pretty high for me since my usual transportation has been the bus!

Here's my page on it:
http://members.rennlist.com/mountain914/Bug.html

It seems to have a fair share of rattles and wind noise, but I'll eventually be seeing if I can tweak those areas!
I have now been through one tank of gas - 46 MPG !! Yeah :D
I don't know what questions to ask first, so I think I'll lurk a while.

MountainTig

TDI
2006 New Beetle
Very cool!
Homelink was interesting... I couldn't make it work with my rotating door code opener, but my other two simple remotes worked great - the secret is to do them all at the same time (as near as I can tell).
Beige with beige sounds cool!