2011 JSW Radio question

FlyingVan

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Hi guys,

My car's radio just died. I pulled it out and unfortunately it is the 1K0 035 180 AC that many others had problems with.

My question is about the China units available on ebay. I know they don't have satellite radio on them, nor bluetooth. I wasn't using SAT anyway so I don't care but I would like to be able to use bluetooth. Since my old radio had bluetooth, is there a module of some sort that I can transplant from the old radio to the new so I can use bluetooth?

I have searched for a while and cannot find anything. I will appreciate any info you can give me.

Darth_Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW, DSG
Hi guys,
My car's radio just died. I pulled it out and unfortunately it is the 1K0 035 180 AC that many others had problems with.
My question is about the China units available on ebay. I know they don't have satellite radio on them, nor bluetooth. I wasn't using SAT anyway so I don't care but I would like to be able to use bluetooth. Since my old radio had bluetooth, is there a module of some sort that I can transplant from the old radio to the new so I can use bluetooth?
I have searched for a while and cannot find anything. I will appreciate any info you can give me.
I got a replacement one on ebay and it had bluetooth inputs. The actual bluetooth unit is under the passenger seat. I think it connects directly to the car and not to the stereo. Mine lights up the green led on top. The stereo won't have a bluetooth input (it's separate), but should still work like your old one. At least thats how my ebay replacement worked.

I returned my JSW for a buyback and swapped back the defective stereo. I have my ebay unit (about 2 years old now) in a box. If you can't find a unit that does bluetooth, I'd be happy to sell you my ebay chinese stereo

FlyingVan

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I got a replacement one on ebay and it had bluetooth inputs. The actual bluetooth unit is under the passenger seat. I think it connects directly to the car and not to the stereo. Mine lights up the green led on top. The stereo won't have a bluetooth input (it's separate), but should still work like your old one. At least thats how my ebay replacement worked.
I returned my JSW for a buyback and swapped back the defective stereo. I have my ebay unit (about 2 years old now) in a box. If you can't find a unit that does bluetooth, I'd be happy to sell you my ebay chinese stereo
Thanks for the info. I sent you a PM.