And the winner is.... (overfill betting pool)

nuke

Veteran Member
Got my car back from Sunnyvale. ABS module replaced, headliner replaced, 10K service done and rear brakes inspected.

Now for the answer to the question on the hearts and minds of Bay -Area TDI'ers:

3/8" over the top of the bend oil overfilled!!!

So who won the bet?

Other than that, everything looks pretty good. They did pickup my rental car too. The headliner looks good, there's some kind of stain on my dashboard that looks like chalk or something that wasn't there before. I guess it will wipe off.

Looks like the tires got rotated too, which is good.

Some brake fluid and oil dribbled around the engine compartment, not too bad though.

They said the rear brakes were down to 60% - like that was a good thing at 10,000 miles but concluded it was normal.

Here's the weirdest thing:

They ordered a new steering wheel for me because they "noticed the cloth on the back was coming apart." I was puzzled and just said "yeah, ok, call me when you get it."

I found nothing wrong with it and drove off. I just now realised that someon must have mistook the Isotta leather wheel cover for a factory leather wrap and thought the snaps on the back were coming apart.

I guess I'll see when it comes in.

All in all, I'll give them an A- for effort and a B- for excution. I guess as far as service goes, they weren't bad, could have been better.

peter pyce

Veteran Member
No one won! I was the most optimistic, with the upper bend, but they went way over my estimation

Anyway, when the leather steering wheel comes, can you pass me your existing cover, so I go servicing with it for a day? this way I may get a steering wheel too! Ha-ha-ha! ..... I really can't believe it!

MrMetal

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Ok, so now that you have your ride back, can we finally meet up?? You're a stealth man, I can't get a hold of you

How about I drop by tomorrow (Tuesday)?

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS, '03 Wagon GL
Larry, you need to hammer home the point that you actually had a multifunction steering wheel, but, at the 5K service one of their rogue service techs ran off with it and you had to make due with some hairball, fraying steering wheel setup for the past 5K miles...

nuke

Veteran Member
Hey MrMetal. My life at work is kind of like h-e-double-toothpicks right now. We do need to hook up and say hello.

I hear you Norman, I sure as heck miss that Multi-function steering wheel and MFA display in the instrument cluster.

What a hoot huh?