Steering wheel buttons

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
That they are.

Imma guess that OP is looking for the screws that hold them down (or, wondering what size they are)?

Measure depth of hole (with button pack in place.) Subtract 2mm.
Go to hardware store, go thru the metric screws, find ones that fit the holes. Maybe M5x0.8? Get Phillips head screws to fit.

cajun87

TDI
Mk4 Jetta
Crap sorry guys the text didnt make the post.

Yes i am looking for the little screws that hold the buttons down, i bought a wheel and buttons on ebay separately and they don’t have the screws. Guy i bought them from doesnt have them either. Checked local hardware store and vw has an odd screw pitch and they couldnt match it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Most Home Depot stores have metric screws. Just take the wheel with you and find what fits.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Looked in the Bentley manual and it calls them "bolts". They look like torx or triple square head in the illustration. Might be worth a call to a dealer.

cajun87

TDI
Mk4 Jetta
There are three little gold colored torx screws below the main mounting hole. I took one out and it screws into the holes for the buttons. I even took that screw and the steering wheel to the hardware store and nothing came close. Its a course threaded bolt. Id hate to go to the dealer for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
I'll look in my odds and end bolts and screws bins, I may have a few, since I have 2 sets of the buttons they hold loose in the garage.