West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 1st, 2016

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
As far as I know it is adjusted correctly. To the best of my knowledge a properly adjusted rod begins movement at 3-4inhg and reaches full extension at 18inhg. Jason's begins movement at 3.5inhg and reaches full extension at 18inhg.

I asked Kirk because he knows more about these engines and deals with them on a much more regular basis than I ever will.

yes, I overlooked that fact, sorry. IF it is adjusted properly, and IF everything else has been replaced, THEN it may just be a factor of the turbo itself, how many miles on this one?

1st_On_Mars

TDI
2x 1999.5 Jetta
Anyone interested in putting my transmission 02j back together?? Was hoping to get the thing done before the g2g but if anyone with experience has had a hankering to get inside one let me know. I could use the guidance.

Unkept

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 2
I'd like to come, and sign me up for a tune! :)

2006 Jetta 1.9 TDI with DSG

Stage 1/ RC1 with EGR Delete.

Thanks

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
yes, I overlooked that fact, sorry. IF it is adjusted properly, and IF everything else has been replaced, THEN it may just be a factor of the turbo itself, how many miles on this one?
ALL the vacuum lines have been replaced, new N75, new actuator (movement begins at 3.5inhg and full extension at 18inhg) and new MAF. It has 200k miles on it.

Here's his thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=467081

suemcclary

TDI
2005 and 2009 Jetta, 2010 Golf, 2015 Passat
We would like to come as previously we attended Marty's get togethers. Any idea if Peter is coming from Boston as we need a few things and typically he tosses them in when he comes to these.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
We would like to come as previously we attended Marty's get togethers. Any idea if Peter is coming from Boston as we need a few things and typically he tosses them in when he comes to these.

He's invited, but have not rec'd a commitment from him on attendance,

Peter??

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm working on getting coverage at home so I can come out. But if I do I'm going to drive through Canada, which precludes me from bringing parts. Sorry about that.

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Working on coming down and meeting with the group after a long time of not making them after the Hondo group. Just drove 1300 miles from Boston area after buying a 2000 Golf. Meet up with Peter V and the gang. Have reached out to Jeff as I would like him to check my tune and car over to see what he recommends with how it is setup currently. Please add me to the list

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
It's been a long time since the last Hondo GTG! :cool:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Hondo's last GTG was also the last time Peter V and Tomo attended a Michigan GTG. Back then they used to do road trips to quite a few GTG's. Wonder if Tomo is going to make this one or not?

I've always wondered how Hondo and his wife are doing? He seemed to have dropped out out the TDI scene after his last GTG which I can understand as a guest or two took advantage of the situation meaning the GTG didn't end until around 2am or so... :eek:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Hondo's last GTG was also the last time Peter V and Tomo attended a Michigan GTG. Back then they used to do road trips to quite a few GTG's. Wonder if Tomo is going to make this one or not?
I've always wondered how Hondo and his wife are doing? He seemed to have dropped out out the TDI scene after his last GTG which I can understand as a guest or two took advantage of the situation meaning the GTG didn't end until around 2am or so... :eek:
I was thinking of coming but the long drives are really hard for me now.....
I love that area and was going to try and ride with Lawson and Jason but probably won't be able to come

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Does anyone coming to the G2G have interest in a Volvo electric radiator fan setup? I pulled the fan, harness, and relay from a 940 at a junkyard, hoping to install it on my Mercedes, but it's too thick and I went with a different type of fan instead. It works great and moves a *bunch* of air (it's got the same motor the Ford Taurus fan uses, which people also like to use for fan conversions).

Thanks,

-J

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I was there, and so was Drivbiwire. We built a jet engine (of sorts) out of my Holset H2D turbocharger and a bottle of propane. :D

T15redbaron

TDI
2002 jetta
JDSwan87 had put me down for a RC2 with EGR delete. I would just like to confirm that i am on the list. My limp mode is fixed. Car is a 02, alh, manual.

michTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and 2015 GSW MT
I will plan on coming. I bought the HID lights from "freakwithracket" (Midwest Light Creations) but they keep randomely going out on me-I flip the switch and they are back-but its very annoying. I haven't had time to try and track down the problem (loose wire, the euro switch etc.) but if anyone is good with electrical could help me out that would be great. I suck at electrical.

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
I was there, and so was Drivbiwire. We built a jet engine (of sorts) out of my Holset H2D turbocharger and a bottle of propane. :D
That video exists somewhere, amazing we did not have to call EMS, talked with Hondo last week, will see if he will venture out.
Please add me to the list for Jeff. thanks

VeeDubTDI

TDI
That video exists somewhere, amazing we did not have to call EMS, talked with Hondo last week, will see if he will venture out.
It would be great to catch up with Hondo! I hope he can make it.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
JDSwan87 had put me down for a RC2 with EGR delete. I would just like to confirm that i am on the list. My limp mode is fixed. Car is a 02, alh, manual.
Confirmed, you are added to the list - good job working it out beforehand!

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
I will plan on coming. I bought the HID lights from "freakwithracket" (Midwest Light Creations) but they keep randomely going out on me-I flip the switch and they are back-but its very annoying. I haven't had time to try and track down the problem (loose wire, the euro switch etc.) but if anyone is good with electrical could help me out that would be great. I suck at electrical.
Clay,

I'm sure Eric Peterson will be glad to give you a hand, look him/me up when you get there.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Ripster, you are added to the list - Welcome!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
And next weekend's weather forecast is looking very favorable, Kirk :):
http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...2?q=cedar-springs-michigan&form=PRWLAS&iso=US
See you Sat 9AM- can only stay for a short bit, though.
Rich
Not as favorable now - 60% to 80% chance of rain this Saturday now depending upon what forecast is looked up. Might be a bit crowded in the garages for those wanting to stay dry as possible. Maybe set up food table in the garage instead of back deck this time?

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Not as favorable now - 60% to 80% chance of rain this Saturday now depending upon what forecast is looked up. Might be a bit crowded in the garages for those wanting to stay dry as possible. Maybe set up food table in the garage instead of back deck this time?
Don't be a "Debbie downer" Robert, our local weather stations both have only 20% chance on Saturday....;)

Either way, I've got a couple of Awnings that can go up (if needed) and we have the shop and the house garage.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'm going to file all of the weather forecasts under "too soon to tell." There will be a low over Michigan/Ohio, which may or may not deliver rain during the GTG. However, it looks like there will definitely be rain on Friday night.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Don't be a "Debbie downer" Robert, our local weather stations both have only 20% chance on Saturday....;)

Either way, I've got a couple of Awnings that can go up (if needed) and we have the shop and the house garage.
Only stating chance for rain so people can be prepared. Better to have a jacket or umbrella just in case and not use it as opposed to wishing one brought same. Glad to hear you have some awnings in reserve too.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Only stating chance for rain so people can be prepared. Better to have a jacket or umbrella just in case and not use it as opposed to wishing one brought same. Glad to hear you have some awnings in reserve too.
Just giving you crap Robert,:p

Looking forward to it, a little rain or not,

Kirk

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm going to file all of the weather forecasts under "too soon to tell." There will be a low over Michigan/Ohio, which may or may not deliver rain during the GTG. However, it looks like there will definitely be rain on Friday night.
Agreed, cuz as you know Lawson, it's Michigan, and we all know that if you don't like the weather here, just wait five minutes and it'll change:D

dieselnewbie

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Fall gtg

Hi Kirk,
Looking forward to seeing the old stomping grounds of Cedar Springs again this year and will bring some sort of desert with me. Just to put it out there, does anyone have a 16" spare (5x100) available that I can get while I' m there? Switched to a big brake setup and found out the other day (when I had a flat) that my 15" just won't work... With that said, I obviously has a 15" spare that would be available, as well as a full set of 4 alloy wheels and tires in 15" (5x100) if anyone needs them as well. Hoping for good weather and looking forward to seeing everyone again!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Hi Kirk,
Looking forward to seeing the old stomping grounds of Cedar Springs again this year and will bring some sort of desert with me. Just to put it out there, does anyone have a 16" spare (5x100) available that I can get while I' m there? Switched to a big brake setup and found out the other day (when I had a flat) that my 15" just won't work... With that said, I obviously has a 15" spare that would be available, as well as a full set of 4 alloy wheels and tires in 15" (5x100) if anyone needs them as well. Hoping for good weather and looking forward to seeing everyone again!
Looking forward to seeing you again. FYI there are also (2) VW OEM 16" wheels that will not clear your new big brakes. One is called 'Rave' and I can't recall what the other one was. Just letting you know in case you find a deal on new/used 16" wheels.

I won't mention weather as Kirk likes to get on my case about same... :rolleyes: :p