Garlyn Shelton Imports in Bryan, TX?

treedweller2

TDI
04 Golf
I was driving our 02NB on the 23rd when it suddenly started making a strange noise in the engine (similar to a card inthe spokes), followed by a CEL, followed by me pulling over, followed by the car dying. It was towed by VW to teh closest dealer, Garlyn Shelton Imports in Bryan. The car won't be looked at till Monday because of the holiday.

Any experience with these guys? I don't want to pay to bring it to Georgetown, but at least I've heard good things about Hewlett there. I tried to take heart in the fact that a TDI was leaving the shop as I got towed in, but after my time at this site I'm obviously wary of dealers around the diesel.

Any help will be appreciated,

keith

choppercop

TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon 5spd
I drove from Houston to Bryan to buy my '04 Jetta from them. Made the deal over the phone, no bait and switch. Had good luck with them. Treated me fairly. They knew about and included some 505.01 oil. I would use them for repair work if they were closer.

Bob

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
Keith,
assuming the stealership diagnostics begin to go awry, please let me have a hand at it.
-robby (at austin biofuels
)

treedweller2

TDI
04 Golf
Thanks to both of you for the input.

I spoke to the asst service mgr this afternoon:

He said it is the diesel injector pump, they are checking on part availability, and hope to have it done tomorrow morning.

I asked if there was any indication of why it failed (~31K miles). He said, no, sir, there's no rhyme or reason to it, it's just one of those things.

I asked if it would be covered by the warranty and he assured me it will. I did not go into whether I'll be reimbursed for the rental car from Thurs. till tomorrow (some question of whther VW will pay for rental while car sat on lot undiagnosed), but so far things look to be going well. I'll feel a lot better when I actually have the car back and it works, of course.

runonbeer, I might still try to wrestle the car away from the wife long enough to let you put the vagcom on it just to see how things look after they are done. Either way, thanks for the offer.

keith