Transmission fluid cg. Blues

Poo bear

TDI
2013 beatle tdi
This is my first post as a new member, i have 2013 tdi beatle and I decided to change the fluid in my transmission, is there anyway to do this without the software to ck. Fluid temp. Checked ou a coupling dealers in my area and was shocked to here $500.00 average. Thanks!

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
You can measure what you drain out, and put the same amount back in.

The only problem here is if was too low or too high in the first place.
I have encountered snorkel removed drained quantities anywhere between 2.5 liters to 6 liters.

As far as the fluid temp goes, you might get yourself an infrared thermometer pistol and aim it at the transmission near the drain hole.
Someone else on the forums suggested that since 35*C is approximately human body temperature that putting your hand on the tranny would give you a sense of the temp compared to your own.
I can't imagine that the fluid volume changes all that much in an error of a few degrees if you are off.

Start with putting 5 liters in.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yes, this assumes it has never been messed with since it left the factory.

I feel confident that VAG properly fills all their gearboxes.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
I too always worry that it might be low to begin with, but as a DIY'er sometimes you gotta do what you got to do, and with the high cost of this service I'm ok with DIYers using the method oilhammer suggested. We dont do it that way in our shop of course.