I want to blow up the engine on my 2006 Jeta for charity

Jettagerm

TDI
2006 Jetta
Just got back from the car show.
I suggested rigging something up to cause a runaway, but that wold be against the "rules" of seeing how long it will last with no oil and no coolant.

The engine started and reved at over 5k for about 10 seconds, then the oil light and temperature light came on and RPM was reduced to about 2.5k
So there is definitely safety features in that car.
Then it revd for 17 seconds more and just stoped.

The car show got rained out so i couldn't find anyone to film. Was very unspectacular anyway. A little blue smoke out of the exhaust, and nothing else.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Just got back from the car show.
I suggested rigging something up to cause a runaway, but that wold be against the "rules" of seeing how long it will last with no oil and no coolant.
The engine started and reved at over 5k for about 10 seconds, then the oil light and temperature light came on and RPM was reduced to about 2.5k
So there is definitely safety features in that car.
Then it revd for 17 seconds more and just stoped.
The car show got rained out so i couldn't find anyone to film. Was very unspectacular anyway. A little blue smoke out of the exhaust, and nothing else.
Oh well. That was an unspectacular waste of a waste. Would it have been against the rules to drain the oil out and pour that oil into the intercooler to help cause a runaway? It represents a real world scenario after a turbo failure where the turbo dumps the engine's oil into the intercooler and eventually finds its way to the engine.