Malone Tune - how long does it take to get it?

Low944

TDI
2014 Q7 TDI
Anybody have any experience ordering a Malone tune from ECS? If ordered with a flashzilla, how long does it usually take them to send a tune?

BakoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, MK7
Anybody have any experience ordering a Malone tune from ECS? If ordered with a flashzilla, how long does it usually take them to send a tune?

I went directly through Malone. Don’t know how it’ll work through ECS or any other vendor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w123houston

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI 6MT
I ordered my flashzilla (FZ) and stage 2 tune through ECS. The FZ arrived about a week after i placed my order with ECS. It does not arrive with a pre-loaded tune.
It comes with instructions on how to get the tune directly from Malone. Basically, you email them your stock file and they reply back with the tune. They will ask you for your ECS order number to confirm your purchase.

Last edited:

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Aarodriguez was very quick with expedited shipping. Mail off in am one full day ,like 3 -4 max

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

bryanmabbott

TDI
'02 VW Golf Manual; '13 Touareg TDI
I bought a Stage 2 with Flashzilla from ECS early last year. It took a week to get the Flashzilla but they sent me a returned Flashzilla (still in original packaging but opened) that was locked. It wouldn't allow me to download my stock file so I had to call ECS back and they sent a brand new one to me overnight. I suspect they did not know. ECS was great to work with despite the hiccup. Malone was quick to respond once I sent out my stock file.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
will everyone stop with the malone and kerma threads already with witch one is best and how long it takes. GEEZE, you want it now, go to amazon prime and go buy a already made sports car. If you want, what you want, wait for it. All the tuners around here are legend and maybe it might take a bit of time now and again, malone has a life other than his tunes. Worth the wait, if it happens to be so.
Im just sick of these threads already. DAYM
ok i vented! SUE ME

Low944

TDI
2014 Q7 TDI
Damn buddy. Maybe do something else besides read all these threads already

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
will everyone stop with the malone and kerma threads already with witch one is best and how long it takes. GEEZE, you want it now, go to amazon prime and go buy a already made sports car. If you want, what you want, wait for it. All the tuners around here are legend and maybe it might take a bit of time now and again, malone has a life other than his tunes. Worth the wait, if it happens to be so.
Im just sick of these threads already. DAYM
ok i vented! SUE ME

You are so right...........It gets old after a while eh?:rolleyes: If you want a Malone tune just order it and wait. If you have to wait a couple of days big deal, your car ain't going anywhere soon either. Gotta have it now, living in the American dream.

Last edited:

Low944

TDI
2014 Q7 TDI
A simple question. Got good answers. Then there are these guys just reading way too far into it looking for something to complain about. ��

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
+1
Too many of these threads, search works and has helped me a ton over the years. That Q7 should be a blast with a tune, have fun!

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
oh and BTW, my order from malone was NEXT DAY AIR and he bothered to send out 3 seperate next day air shipments one after the next so i could make my timeframe at autocross. he forgot to send me the soldering board, then again with the MAP, but he was 1,000% awesome and prompt like lightning. I was also a paying customer so.......

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I bought a Stage 2 with Flashzilla from ECS early last year. It took a week to get the Flashzilla but they sent me a returned Flashzilla (still in original packaging but opened) that was locked. It wouldn't allow me to download my stock file so I had to call ECS back and they sent a brand new one to me overnight. I suspect they did not know. ECS was great to work with despite the hiccup. Malone was quick to respond once I sent out my stock file.
Why do people still use ECS for other than parts look up is the real question?

Tons of other options to toss your hard earned money at.

Low944

TDI
2014 Q7 TDI
For me it was because the purchase process seemed straight forward. I did not know there would be interaction with Malone needed. If the process were spelled out, then I would have gone directly to Malone. So it was just ignorance on my part that I went through the easy online store on ECS.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Why are these complainers reading a TUNE thread and then complain about it ??????
Don't like it don't read it !!!!!

bryanmabbott

TDI
'02 VW Golf Manual; '13 Touareg TDI
Why do people still use ECS for other than parts look up is the real question?

Tons of other options to toss your hard earned money at.

Whoever has a good price and great customer service gets my business. Bonus is they ship quick and it goes out the same day. I cross shop about 6 other vw parts sites and ecs has competitive pricing.

ECS had a one day flash sale for nearly $200 off a tune than what is advertised from Malone’s site. Couldn’t find a better deal.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
forums, meant for reading
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I DON"T LIKE IT IF I DON'T READ IT FIRST.
dumbest thing i have heard time and time again on forums.
If you don't like how it tastes, then why did you try tasting it before eating???? HURRR HURR DURRR

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Whoever has a good price and great customer service gets my business. Bonus is they ship quick and it goes out the same day. I cross shop about 6 other vw parts sites and ecs has competitive pricing.

ECS had a one day flash sale for nearly $200 off a tune than what is advertised from Malone’s site. Couldn’t find a better deal.

I received about the same deal from https://www.fastforward.ca/ with no issues with shipping, emailing or payment, I just had to talk to a human rather than surf websites.

Great customer service and ESC in the same sentence, now that's a good one. See post 6 :D

Last edited: