'13 Touareg Tune

the_owl

TDI
13' TDI Exec Touareg. 2011 Ram 3500 DRW Cummins, Volvo V70R, Polaris RZR with Arctic Cat Z1 swap and Methanol Injection Stg II Turbo 320hp.
Hi there, just picked up a 2013 Touareg. I want to do the Adblue delete and go with a big tune. Is Malone the way to go?

hwork1

TDI
2002 Bug TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 2013 Touareg TDI, 2001 Cummins, 2006 Cummins, 2013 f250, 2015 Duramax, 2018 f250
I have a 2013 and just completed the complete delete. As for tuning Malone is top shelf and I am running a stage 1. Be prepared for some custom work if you are doing this on your own. They offer raw teck exhaust products, but no one for egr removal bypass.

Big difference you are in for are the smell, she is now officially a diesel. Garage starts are over with. I do notice the timing chain rattle at start up now that the engine sound has changed. Last about 3 seconds then the oilers get primed. This is the weak spot from what I read on the engines. I am a tad over 70,000 miles and still runs good. MPG in over 30 if you keep you foot out of it.

I am typically ford, dodge diesel delete guy. However I stumbled across mine at a deal and wanted to wrench on it. The cars run in some extreme emissions equipment. Amazing they last 100,000 miles.

DieselSport15

TDI
2015 Sportwagen SEL, 2014 Touareg Exec.
I have a 2014 with the Stg 2 Malone tune and delete. I'll agree on the smell and the smoke, don't think I noticed anything in terms of MPG and power is certainly good! The Rawtek exhaust comes with NO instructions. Its expensive too, I bought mine on Black Friday.

the_owl

TDI
13' TDI Exec Touareg. 2011 Ram 3500 DRW Cummins, Volvo V70R, Polaris RZR with Arctic Cat Z1 swap and Methanol Injection Stg II Turbo 320hp.
So you have to remove the EGR and block it to do the AdBlue delete?
thanks for the info

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
adblue and egr are independent systems, you could delete everything post-turbo but leave the EGR intact, that's the most common setup.

the_owl

TDI
adblue and egr are independent systems, you could delete everything post-turbo but leave the EGR intact, that's the most common setup.
I started the order today with you guys.
I cant find anyone who has an EGR delete for sale. Am I missing something?
Not sure I want to do the cat delete. Are there any decent gains from this?