www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old June 9th, 2020, 08:50   #1
jimbote

Fuel Economy: golf=38-43mpg...tacoma tdi=29-33mpg
Default Bilstein HD's with H&R Sport springs? Bad idea?

I currently have Billy HD's on my 05' mk4 golf...i also have a set of used h&r sport springs that i rescued from an 05' GLI at the pyp (thought I had thrown these away last year but I just found them tucked away)... now i want to lower my golf just a smidge... is this a bad combo? anyone running these together?

Last edited by jimbote; June 9th, 2020 at 09:29.
jimbote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2020, 16:22   #2
ToddA1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Dismal

If I’m not mistaken HDs are sport valving on the stock length dampers. From what I’ve always been told, lowering springs get put on sport dampers.

-Todd
ToddA1 is offline   Reply With Quote