Help Accessing 02-Auto Trans Adaptation VCDS and DSG

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Hey all,

I'm trying to get into the Adaptation section with my vag-com, but it is grayed out/inaccessible. On my last car, one was able to get in there to change the DIS/MFI to show what gear you were in when in "D" or "S" mode (E.G. "D1, D2, D6"). It was a B8 A4 and I had a 6MT, but know others with the auto that did it. (That was a normal 8sp auto, not dual clutch if that makes a difference).

Anyone have any thoughts how to get in there? Wasn't sure if we needed a security access to do it? Pretty sure it can be done since the guys with the Malone tune have it set that way.

Thanks in advance!

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
It is part of the tune, and is not able to be changed via VCDS, at least that is what I was told...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
That's what I am wondering/starting to assume...just thought it was weird that Audi would let you change it but not VW. Who knows...thanks for the input!

Seems like the only reason we can't change it is because we are locked out of the Auto Trans area. If it is grayed out, does that mean we need a security key?

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
That's what I am wondering/starting to assume...just thought it was weird that Audi would let you change it but not VW. Who knows...thanks for the input!

Seems like the only reason we can't change it is because we are locked out of the Auto Trans area. If it is grayed out, does that mean we need a security key?
I would assume. I'll take a look around this evening. I need to get in VCDS and look at the Ash load anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
you can try to do those step for Touareg, but I don't if the Touareg has DSG

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f...s-for-the-touareg-t2-2007-5-2009-a-22432.html

I'll pop in there and play around with that...thanks for the info phlfly.

FYI from the link:
1) To get gear numbers alongside the D or S in the color MFI:
Recode tansmission control module (2) to 0004456. This code includes the
changes of code 4200 - ROW mode with higher shift points, better
downshifting, and hill hold in high range. If you have paddle shifters installed,
add 8192 to this code = 0012648.
Sometimes this works on the monochrome MFI, sometimes not.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
It is only part of a tune on the DSG cars(TDI & V6). The regular Autos(2.5 & 1.8) it can be changed in VCDS.

drjable

TDI
passat 14
How do tunes work? Is it new 3rd party software installed on the ecu? Or is a tune unlocking existing adaptions?

Thanks.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
There are ECU tunes, and DSG tunes. Two different tunes for 2 different Controllers. It is a third party. The only one I am aware of that is doing the DSG in the NMS currently is Malone.

I have their Stage 2 ECU tune, and A custom DSG tune that has been tweaked a little to meet my requests.