New Polo confirmed for the USA, with TDI

blaz

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat
cruze eco turbo is a slick car. I test drove one and was real impressed with the features and quiet almost tomblike interior. Are you enjoying it?
Very much so. Currently doing mostly highway driving and getting ~5.6L/100km (42 mpgUS) now that the LRR tires are back on. The 6 spd manual is quick and the engine peppy.

We don't drive it that much though, maybe 10,000km per year (one reason for not spending the $$ on a diesel). And nowhere near the quality of our 2005 Passat, but then it was $11,000+tax cheaper.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
Very much so. Currently doing mostly highway driving and getting ~5.6L/100km (42 mpgUS) now that the LRR tires are back on. The 6 spd manual is quick and the engine peppy.

We don't drive it that much though, maybe 10,000km per year (one reason for not spending the $$ on a diesel). And nowhere near the quality of our 2005 Passat, but then it was $11,000+tax cheaper.
would love to see how that little motor holds up over a 10 yr stint.

blaz

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat
would love to see how that little motor holds up over a 10 yr stint.
Like I say, we only expect to put on 10K km per year as the Cruze is a second car. 100,000km in ten years isn't much. I expect rusted bits will be more of a problem up here in 10 years.

The Passat was an "only" car which got >200,000km over 5 years. That will probably continue as my daughter (who is getting it) lives up in Prince George BC. It's a long drive to get anywhere up there. I fully expect >400,000 km before it's junked after 10 years or so.

If I was planning to drive the Cruze as much as we did the Passat, I would have opted for a diesel instead.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
Like I say, we only expect to put on 10K km per year as the Cruze is a second car. 100,000km in ten years isn't much. I expect rusted bits will be more of a problem up here in 10 years.

The Passat was an "only" car which got >200,000km over 5 years. That will probably continue as my daughter (who is getting it) lives up in Prince George BC. It's a long drive to get anywhere up there. I fully expect >400,000 km before it's junked after 10 years or so.

If I was planning to drive the Cruze as much as we did the Passat, I would have opted for a diesel instead.
I live "up here" as well. I think GMs are cars that take to oiling very well. That is what I would do yearly. VWs tend not to rust much. My Silverado is oiled yearly and looks like new after 6 winters. Give us an update on your little Eco...some of us are keeping an eye on that car.

detroitmike

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat DSG
I live "up here" as well. I think GMs are cars that take to oiling very well. That is what I would do yearly. VWs tend not to rust much. My Silverado is oiled yearly and looks like new after 6 winters. Give us an update on your little Eco...some of us are keeping an eye on that car.
I had to google this one...never heard of such a thing.

I've heard of permanent undercoating but not spraying the underbody like this.