www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old November 11th, 2013, 08:48   #1
A5INKY

Fuel Economy: pretty good
Default Like New GTC1549VZ

Since we are selling 4th gen VNT turbos this morning, here is a link to mine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300967161647...84.m1555.l2649

I got a pretty good deal on it a few months back and had intended it for a project that never materialized. Put it on eBay at that price to try and recoup some losses on other parts purchased for the same project that I took a loss on. At this point I don't want to just arbitrarily drop the price but will say that I'll seriously consider reasonable offers for anyone interested in buying this. Feel free to make an offer, you never know...

A5INKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2013, 19:41   #2
jimbote

Fuel Economy: golf=38-43mpg...tacoma tdi=29-33mpg

any specs on this ?... what power it's capable of ?... also what manifold does this bolt to?
Old November 11th, 2013, 20:24   #3
darkscout
Grammar Scout

TDI(s): 2003 Golf

^- those questions.
Old November 11th, 2013, 20:32   #4
A5INKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbote View Post
any specs on this ?... what power it's capable of ?... also what manifold does this bolt to?
I can find no actual specs nor a compressor map for this turbo. TDIMeister posted that it will support a max PR of 3.4 and flow up to 24 lb/min. From another one of 'Meister's posts, I would interpolate that it should do 200 HP with a reasonably clean lambda. This post by RyanP supports that with a reported 205 HP dyno with perhaps 10 more HP to be had from it.

As for fitting it up, I had hoped it would bolt up to a BHW manifold. But, even though the bolt pattern looks similar, it's different. Saw an exchange between you and Fettig about it. Rub87 claimed it is a match for a CR manifold, which makes sense as it is OEM on a CR170. Unfortunately, that is the 'slanted' port manifold and not a bolt on for our 8V heads.

So, my thought was to use a BHW manifold anyway and just machine an adapter like Whitbread did for the Audi GTB turbos.

Old November 12th, 2013, 07:10   #5
JFettig

I have one of these on the shelf for a future project, nice looking turbo

These were built for the longitudinal Audi application, no reason it can't be adapted to transverse or even to a BHW. If I remember correctly, the hole with the stud matches the BHW manifold, the other two don't.
JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2013, 18:03   #6
A5INKY

Bump it up