www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old September 12th, 2019, 04:38   #16
arazvan2002
Veteran Member

To resize pictures you can use any software, but this is before posting them. Ex. Windows photos, gimp... Acdsee, IrfanView.

Try to overlap the 2 drawings around the common bolt to find out the angle or position of the bolts and holes so you can make a flange like on the website. That one is made for transversal engine. You need to use your exhaust manifold to keep the turbo far from the mounting. If you make all the measurements, it can be done in Autocad and then cut with plasma or water jet. I did this for GTV2056VL and AHU manifold (the one in the pictures from that website).
I'm curios if you use the common bolt, the center hole is aligned with the one from the manifold.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old September 14th, 2019, 04:32   #17
Ricsi168

Hello!
I will try to put my images to fit this page sorry about that!
I can fit this turbo charger this way with the factory bolt to the manifold and i have to drill one bolt for the turbo bigger diameter:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
As you can see the manifold outlet and the turbo inlet port are lined up there is no restriction and the factory pdtdi gasket will fit!
BUT!! But the turbo will sit like this position:

[IMG]
[/IMG]
At the first measurements it will fit to the car,i will need custom oil feed and return line as well as turbo support bracelet!
What do you think of?
Ricsi168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2019, 11:38   #18
arazvan2002
Veteran Member

If you rotate it to normal position (considering natural position of the engine, which is also rotated) to right, can a flange be used , there is enough space to put bolts? The flange should be bolted first to the manifold.
If you do like I said, please make measurements, angles, distance between some bolt, maybe I can draw it in Autocad.
or....you can weld it to manifold in the right position.
Old September 15th, 2019, 05:54   #19
Ricsi168

Hello!!

With this position i can bolt right up to the oem manifold!
i think if i use an adapter plate maybe wont fit because of the adapter plate thickness.
I dont want to weld to the manifold because im afraid it will break off i would like to use bolts as i said i could bolt up to oem manifold only bad thing is the turbo sits like that position but i think it will fit to my engine bay without any problem.Just need to make custom oil feed and return line and ofcourse intercooler outlet and exhaust flange!
Old October 18th, 2019, 08:44   #20
IJskonijn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricsi168 View Post
Hello guys!
I talked a guy who said you can bolt to avf manifold you just need to drill the holes from 8,5mm to ~10,5mm size.
Was this for longitudinal or transverse mounted engines?
IJskonijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2019, 23:54   #21
adamss24
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 35-45mpg

AWX/AVF/AFN etc. they are all the same manifold- longitudinal engines... I have done it before, wouldnt recomend it as the OP has a PD bv43 and it was a natural thing to go to a CR bv43a as the CHRA swaps over between the models. However the CR exhaust housing has larger spacing and larger hole to exhaust spent gases so i would use the CR hotside if i was in his position just for better flow ! However the CR hotside poses the above mentioned issue with turbo sitting at an odd angle...
adamss24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 00:34   #22
IJskonijn

I'm asking because i have this turbo and i want to make it fit on my own car. It has a transverse mounted engine.
Maybe someone knows what manifold to start with?
IJskonijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 16:25   #23
adamss24
Veteran Member

As above, AWX/AVF manifold with a bit of enlarging the holes will fit. The exhaust needs to be modified a bit witha a new flange grafted in to suit. I have fitted a bv43a to a pd100 audi a3 so its doable. Custom oil drain, custom oil feed braided line and a pd150 intake pipe its what it took ! the car went well...
Old October 22nd, 2019, 04:07   #24
bhodgkiss
Veteran Member

I have a couple of AFN/AVF/AWX manifolds for sale if yo do need one
AFN Wagon | Fjord Blue | BV43 | 11mm IP | R520 | PD Lift Pump | Ported head | 3bar MAP | SRE Clutch | FHN G'box | Forge FMIC | PD130 intake | EGR delete | Decat | Custom Remap | Porsche 4-pot 312mm Brakes | KW V1 | Carbon Upper Strut Brace, RS4 Lower | H&R 32mm Front ARB | Whiteline Rear ARB | OZ Ultraleg 18" Satin Black | OEM Xenons | Bucket seats | Battery & washer bottle in boot | 100kg removed |
bhodgkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2019, 15:04   #25
turbovan+tdi
Veteran Member

You need to make an adapter plate, look at Darkside Performance for examples and use a Passat manifold, which I think you have but can't tell as the pics are too big.

john.jackson9213 runs one, spools like stock, will do 200 chp. Whitbread made his adapter.
2003 JSW 1.8T, silver-parting out. 2006 JSW, TDI 5 speed, blue.
turbovan+tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2019, 17:36   #26
skaude

We have gtc1549vzk in AHH 1.9.
2.2bar, .275s maxed out on 11mm.

5.5s 0-100. 3.4 80-120. It can spool as low as tou want, your transmission/clutch will die first. We were requesting 1.8bar by 1800rpm, with fresh DMF/SRE, scary stuff.
skaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2019, 14:04   #27
Ricsi168

Hello guys!!
So far a little update, the turbo is working on my car right now!
Fitment was good! There is no adapter plate nothing just bolted right up to oem AVF manifold!! if you have any question maybe i can help let me know!
At the moment i need to reprogram the car but first impressions are great!
All i can say there is ZERO lagg! Thorttle respon time reduced alot!!
Old November 20th, 2019, 00:10   #28
adamss24
Veteran Member

Ok, so in the end you used AVF maniold and the turbo still sits at a slight angle, yes ? Nice to know there is no lag, i think you had a duff bv43 to start with...
Old November 24th, 2019, 14:40   #29
Ricsi168

Hello guys!!

Yes i used an oem avf manifold i just had to drill bigger holes on the turbo,used oem gasket for the 1749va..thats all , yes the turbo is sitting in a slight angle but is okay i have got the oem air filter and it was easier to tighten up bolts for the turbo and the oil backflow line.
Later i will upload more pictures maybe that can help.
About the boost: as you guys know i had a bv43 from a 2 liter pdtdi it was very very laggy i dont have got boost or i had very low boost under 2k rpm it wasnt fun to drive in city....after i replaced with this turbo ....Wowww
Even got boost in 1st gear...and the throttle respon time was amazing there is zero lagg i mean really zero when you push the pedal immediately boost comes..at the moment i dont had time to put a good remap on her so its needs a little more time but it was worth it!!
In vcds basic settings with the bv turbo i has 80mbar difference on-off with this turbo i had nearly 200mbar something like 191mbar....
Old November 24th, 2019, 17:47   #30
adamss24
Veteran Member

It’s quite common for the actuators on bv43 to fail and give this sort of bad spool...it’s nice to know that the new turbo is good for a daily driver, most forget drive ability when it comes to tuning with larger nozzles and big turbos !