4Motion or Quttro

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
import a 6 speed Quattro swap with the appropriate TDI gearing from Frans at dutch auto parts. I don't think he can get the cheaper 5 speed version anymore but you could ask. there are several AWD TDI swaps in the conversion section, you should take a look at those.

just because you can bolt it up doesn't mean its a good idea... a 4cyl tdi will bolt up to the 1.8T's all wheel drive trans (I dunno about the V6 trans bolt pattern) but the gasser gearing will put you at uncomfortably high RPM's when cruising on the highway. like 3000 rpm to do 75ish MPH instead of 3000 rpm to do 85ish MPH with TDI specific trans

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
A guy I know that lives just a couple hours south of me does these on a regular basis. I am not sure if he's on here, but I can PM you his facebook info.

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
Easiest is to get a 4motion or quattro Passat or Audi - B5 generation is much simpler - and swap in a BHW TDI. It is already made to be mounted the correct direction for the car unlike any other Jetta or Golf engine would be.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Since you did not give context to your question (as in, what engine and/or car are you talking about?) I'd say BY FAR the easiest would just be to buy a TDI that is already AWD.

Touareg, Q5, Q7, A6, A7, and A8L were all sold here with TDI engines and AWD. No mods necessary, put it in 'D' and go.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
buy 1.8T passat/audiA4 4wd

swap in your TDI
cut the fenders
bolt on 35" tires to get your revs more normal
profit?

jobob307

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta, 2002 jolf
I bought 2001 Audi allroad a couple of months ago. I love it. BHW with the correct 6 speed and correct cluster. I wish could drive it everyday but at 6000 miles a month the maintenance would kill me.