DMF Designs

Mikkijayne

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi S8
Does anyone know if the PD170 clutch fits in place of the 228mm 1.9, or does it need the spacer for the 6-speed 240 setup?

Seems like it might be an option for the AFN?

arazvan2002

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9TDI AVF quattro
I think the bellhousing of AFn quattro gearbox is smaller than 01E one. I don't know if the spacer is enough. Maybe a try in a scrapyard would help, to have all the parts in front of you or someone already tried.

PS: for a limited time (until I have time to install again the Pd170 repaired clutch, it was new with modified pressure plate and changed plate facings and slipped after 2 months) I installed SRE organic. The pedal is pretty hard for city driving. I can't live with it for long term.

Festa

Veteran Member
TDI
Vw t5 van
Thought I would report in with my sachs dmf and paddle...under 2000 miles and I've torn through it :( The friction surface and cover plate just spin and the ring gear doesn't turn.
Engine out again for the third time this year

oxyram

TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDI quattro 6-speed
So i found this thread cose i am in the same boat. Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDI quattro 6-speed (AVF), GTD2060VZ set to 2.2Bar at the moment, 50-firad, water-cooled intercooler (air-temp are realy low). Dont know about the Nm but i gues i has around 480-500Nm. The full boost is realy low...at 1.8k its 2.0bar. So my DMF (LUK OEM) and stock 240mm cluch is falling. Been contacting Darkside for reference about what stronger, upgraded, DMF to get and they say get OEM DMF (LUK) and SRE cluch kit, this one. They say there is no alternative for stronger DMF. But will oem DMF (LUK or Sachs) hold let's say 550nm? A am planing to go for more to 2.6-2.8bar. What to choose OEM LUK or OEM SACHS wit SRE organic cluch kit?

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Hi, seems to me you don’t explain it properly ! 2.6-2.8 bar on a gtd2060vz is very hard on clutch linings, I used sachs sre clutch kit and stock LUK DMF on mapped 2.0 tdi Quattro and also allroad/a4 v6 tdi Quattro without much bother even with gtb2260vk at 2.4 bar of boost. You should look into getting a seat exeo dual mass flywheel and a sachs SRE clutch kit, they do cope fine with 500Nm on a daily basis !

oxyram

TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDI quattro 6-speed
We did try 2.8bar on GTD2060VZ but the DMF was rattling like crasy...it was all ower the place. Are Seat exeo DMF diferent? Stronger? 240mm?

arazvan2002

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9TDI AVF quattro
What adamss24 is trying to is is that the DMF for late 1.9 AVF (2004-2005) and 2.0TDI are a little different from previous ones. The same is used on A6C6 and Exeo CR on all power levels. The clutch kit is different on the 170HP models, with stronger pressure plate.

This model of DMF comes with 4spring plate, the previous one comes with 6 springs. The 4spring plate doesn't fit the previous DMF, springs are hitting the hub.
Also the kit for BAU engine, 2.5TDI 180HP euro4 fits this DMF. The pressure plate is the same as the one for PD/CR170 bellow.
The parts are:
03G105266BH DMF
078198141DX clutch kit
Anyways, for that torque you need a SRE kit, the organic one, and a powerful left leg.