04 BEW needs nozzle swap

jonlorio

TDI
future owner of JSW
What shops are recommended to perform nozzle swaps? The current PD injectors in my car have 2 out of 4 damaged housings, but the nozzles are still in great shape (less than 20k miles on them). I need to find someone that can swap my nozzles over to another set of housings.

I know a mechanic that I would trust to do this, but he's asked me to find him a how to article on it before attempting.

jonlorio

TDI
future owner of JSW
Closest thing to a how-to:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=451290

Other than that, there is a very limited number of shops that can do it.

Your best bet is to get a set of used injectors and use them completely
That would be lovely, but the previous owner had it turned for the nozzles that are in the car now. I don't know how to find out what nozzles are in there to begin with, so finding another set that are the same will be near impossible

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
There's only a few common nozzles on the market for the PDs. What turbo is on it? My money is on 1043s *if* they're not stock units. Some distributors offer hot swap options and might have enough housings kicking around that they'll sell you a couple for reasonable prices. Pull a nozzle and inspect it, should have the model printed on it.

jonlorio

TDI
future owner of JSW
Just confirmed that DBW will not take customer supplied nozzles... kind of pointless to send him mine then

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
We won't mount NEW CUSTOMER SUPPLIED NOZZLES.

If they are already installed, we can easily transplant them, but offer no warranty on the nozzle.

If the nozzles are damaged and don't pass the injector operating test, then we have new ones in stock that we would supply.

Pretty simple really...

jonlorio

TDI
future owner of JSW
We won't mount NEW CUSTOMER SUPPLIED NOZZLES.

If they are already installed, we can easily transplant them, but offer no warranty on the nozzle.

If the nozzles are damaged and don't pass the injector operating test, then we have new ones in stock that we would supply.

Pretty simple really...
Thank you for the clarification. They're going in the mail today... headed your way