What did you do to your car today?

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Replaced a defective oil pressure sending unit (McNalley) and also changed the thermostat since the tube was out (to get to the sending unit). Nice to have an oil pressure gauge again. :)

SoKYTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL 4-door
Yesterday.....

Did the old-school, 500-mile after-head rebuild oil change.

You are now free to move about the country:D

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Clicked 40k miles as I was returning home from Vegas yesterday.

So I checked it in this morning for the 40K and DSG services.

Here was my fuel filter as the technician cracked it open. Barely a speck of anything on top. (This is why I love working at a dealership)

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Saturday at the SF Bay Area GTG Matt installed a DG Panzer Plate and FMJ, and also changed the oil - Rotella T6.

gioTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
Picket up few things at my local junk yard, 2004 New Style Middle Console and 2007 Mercedes Chirp Alarm, now just have to figure out how to install it :)

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
This weekend I de-modded the car to pass CA emissions bull$****...
replaced the egr cooler, egr, fuel filter, cabin and air filters, glowplugs, and put a new Cat on the 2.5" pipe. Still left to go is an oil change and front and rear rotors and pads.

...it's a 200k check up. it'll be a timing belt later this year too. :p

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
This weekend I de-modded the car to pass CA emissions bull$****...
replaced the egr cooler, egr, fuel filter, cabin and air filters, glowplugs, and put a new Cat on the 2.5" pipe. Still left to go is an oil change and front and rear rotors and pads.

...it's a 200k check up. it'll be a timing belt later this year too. :p
Wow. Didnt realize you got that much done! Bravo!

itchytweed

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
Got my new rims (Sport Tuning T6) and put them onto the OE Hankook tires, which will have to be replaced in the fall, and installed them. Will post a pix when I clean up Gretchen as she is being a pollen magnet right now and looks yellow-blue at the moment.

k4u2luz2

TDI
2006 Jetta
Removed Exhaust manifold and turbo and had the EGR Manifold hole welded shut. The aluminum block off plate that was previously installed just could not take the pressure and heat and I was tired of fumbling with it a few times a year. Plus the last time I messed with it the upper stud snapped off. It was nice to see that my turbo and intake barely had any soot/oil/dirt build up. I guess this is due to my heavy freeway foot.

TopherDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Been busy making here look better for the summer.
- Refinished the BBS RC's to a graphite metallic
- Installed Koni STR.T's(strut mounts, bearings, GLI bump stops etc.)
- GLI sport springs
- New front LCA bushings
- New balljoints
- Rear swaybar
- New alignment
- Blacked out my B-pillar and mirrors
- Gave her some clay bar lovin
- New CCV oil catch can
- Black rearview mirror
Almost ready for summer!
Looks nice Man!

sirpuddingfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat, 05 Jetta
Installed Darkhorse's old H&R 28mm Rear sway bar (wow, is it nice!), and picked up some 18" B5 RS4 Replica wheels that need a little work and new tread.

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Drove the car up and over the Duffey Hwy that goes from Lilloett to Pemberton. Was sunny up to Lilloett, then the Duffey got real ugly. There was almost 100km of 4" of unplowed snow on a very twisty and bumpy highway - complete with one lane bridges. The drive took some time, but my little Jetta as the only non 4x4 on the road that day!

Near the bottom of the highway - I needed to get out and relax a little

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
Thanks for posting. A number of years ago I spent time in Lilloett. We flew in from Penticton. Wonderful country!

SCM.com

Veteran Member
TDI
Mr. Guetta - 2014 Jetta TDI Trimline +
Drove the car up and over the Duffey Hwy that goes from Lilloett to Pemberton. Was sunny up to Lilloett, then the Duffey got real ugly. There was almost 100km of 4" of unplowed snow on a very twisty and bumpy highway - complete with one lane bridges. The drive took some time, but my little Jetta as the only non 4x4 on the road that day!

Near the bottom of the highway - I needed to get out and relax a little

Nice work Zedbra,
Did you make it all the way to Ocean Falls? Did it once in a work truck.. quite the country :D

-M.

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
I made it all the way back to Squamish, which concluded my two week, 2000km trip around the province. Only other dicey driving was Creston to Cranbrook and then Cranbrook to Invermere - where I was hit with 10" of snow. I can now say that my iPikes (not the Canadian Tire version) handled superb in the thicker snow and the compacted stuff, though I did do an 180 on my way up to Panorama - so I took that as a sign to turn around. lol

Nighteyes

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Picked up my first TDI on Thursday from the dealer. And dropped it off Friday for some window tint. Strange thing, I actually look forward to getting behind the wheel again.

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Picked up my first TDI on Thursday from the dealer. And dropped it off Friday for some window tint. Strange thing, I actually look forward to getting behind the wheel again.

^ congrats on the TDI. And, that draw can be strong - after 7 years and 170k, I still look forward to getting into my TDI and driving.

yesterday i washed off two weeks of road salt

jrarno02

TDI
'02 Golf GLS
I have no idea how people get this kind of fuel economy...I'd like to see my trip flip 8xx on a tank. Most I've ever seen is 730or so...and calculating fuel economy was 47 mpg or something like that. That was driving down i5 from SF to LA....totally flat lands. Maybe I need a scan gauge.
I just filled up for my second 800+ tank in a row, with about 60/40 Hwy/Cty, and I know my engine is so far out of wack in terms of tuning lol...:) I go like 58mph everywhere, maybe 60

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
Went from this

To this

It's a lot shorter than the OEM one (duh!) and a little tight particularly on the 1-2 and R side. Even with that it's nicer than the stock one by far. It'll break in and loosen up.

My 5 speed one I had for 150k miles and loved it - I was tired of the OEM 6 speed one before 1500 miles

Great product from Diesel Geek!

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
It's a lot shorter than the OEM one (duh!) and a little tight particularly on the 1-2 and R side. Even with that it's nicer than the stock one by far. It'll break in and loosen up.

My 5 speed one I had for 150k miles and loved it - I was tired of the OEM 6 speed one before 1500 miles

Great product from Diesel Geek!
I hope you didn't get tired of shifting into 6th before 1500 miles though :p.

Had a chance to tow with the 6spd yet?

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
No - I'm not tired of the right and down shift :)

I towed my 4x8 trailer with a 4' x 10' x 0.065" sheet of stainless on it 250 miles last weekend and it worked very well. About as light and aerodynamic as it gets so not a big workout. It would pull it in 6th at 60 MPH (1650 RPM), but was not happy with moderate hills so I kept it in 5th (~1975 RPM). Once I got on the 4 lane I could run it in 6th at 70 MPH (~1925 RPM) and it was fine. I got better mileage on that tank (47 MPG) than I did on my break in tank (45 MPG).