Looking for Premium Diesel in St. Louis, Missouri

kenstl

TDI
Passat TDI, 1996
Hey Paul. I saw on line that the Amoco on Manchester in Rock Hill has Premium, but I have not been by to check it out. I live close to there, and will check it out and let you know.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Paul, I’d like to make one more suggestion on all of this business. Once you have found which station(s) you’d like to buy fuel from over the long haul, I’d suggest getting a couple of fuel sampling kits from avlube.com. I think they are ~$55 each and are worth their weight in <font color="yellow">gold. </font>

Even though you perceive you are buying top-shelf fuel from XYZ Amoco, it does not ensure the ultimate condition of the fuel. The tanker can show up with “super diesel” and dispense it to filthy in-ground fuel tanks. It’s most unfortunate that we have to rely upon the station owner’s diligence and honesty to ensure his diesel tank is clean and dry…otherwise, you’re nowhere.

A number of us have tested our local fuel supplies…it’s ALWAYS revealing. Sometimes good, sometimes bad but ALWAYS revealing.

Check it out once you have located where you will fill the NB on a routine basis. Personally, I make it a point to fill our TDIs at the same station without exception. My only break from this tradition is due to the arrival of ULSD, which is a hike for me, but the fuel burns almost without odor.

I will travel a bit farther to ensure a consistent product is going into our cars.

HTH and YMMV.