#1 cylinder pressure sensor code

T D I

TDI
2010 TDI Highline
Having a problem with my 2010 Jetta TDI.
The check engine light keeps coming on, but does not flash.
Here are the details - any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

2010 Jetta TDI (Canadian car)
59,145 km

dealer note:
Scanned engine light
There is a fault code relating to the glow plug system
#1 cylinder pressure sensor - we have cleared it today and if the light returns, we will need some time to diagnose it completely.

050 P13CE 000

I was told I can drive the car if the light is on, but not if it starts flashing. For a third time in one month it has now come back on.

Going to drop the car off at the dealer next week, but they refuse to give me a loaner and only offered to rent me a car, at my cost. This after buying my second VW, a 2011 Golf 2.5 last month...

Hoping to get some advice before I leave it with them.

Thanks!!

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
I think you kind of have to take this one at face value...

You either have:

Low cylinder pressure - Unlikely if the car runs fine and fuel and/or oil consumption hasn't increased

A bad pressure sensing glow plug - Inspect glow plug harness and then replace glow plug.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
what's the warranty good for up north? people have been having that code that require the GP swapped out. The cheapest fix might be to see if there is any chaffing in the harness and patch it up if noted.

dcviper

TDI
09 Jetta DSG
I had the same problem on my 09. The dealer noted codes P13D0 and P13CE. They wanted to replace the fuel filter and #1GP, but I'd rather do that myself. They did install some kind of ECM Software upgrade (RVU-23H1) and the CEL hasn't come back.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
How did you do? Usually its a harness when the problem is reccuring. Just curious.

Luc D

TDI
Jetta TDI 2011
Glow plugs issues

I have a similar issue with my 2011Jetta TDI driven in Quebec. Check engine light come and goes, especially when it is hotter.
At 200K kms I plan to change all 4 GP which I will order from Hungary and get 4 OEM GP for $100 CN! I will also double check the wiring bundle for shafings...

We will then see...

Having a problem with my 2010 Jetta TDI.
The check engine light keeps coming on, but does not flash.
Here are the details - any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!
2010 Jetta TDI (Canadian car)
59,145 km
dealer note:
Scanned engine light
There is a fault code relating to the glow plug system
#1 cylinder pressure sensor - we have cleared it today and if the light returns, we will need some time to diagnose it completely.
050 P13CE 000
I was told I can drive the car if the light is on, but not if it starts flashing. For a third time in one month it has now come back on.
Going to drop the car off at the dealer next week, but they refuse to give me a loaner and only offered to rent me a car, at my cost. This after buying my second VW, a 2011 Golf 2.5 last month...
Hoping to get some advice before I leave it with them.
Thanks!!