2006 Jetta Water dripping on my feet

Sleek

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Hi all,
My 06 TDI has twice now dropped about 1/2 cup of water on my feet after a heavy rain. The second time, it was on both the driver and passenger sides and my drivers seat was a bit damp.
I think this rules out q cabin air filter issue? I've cleaned out what I can see for leaves and gunk at the bottom of my windshield, but haven't taken any shields off under the hood to look deeper and I sure don't want to take off the wipers to look at the electrical if I don't have too.
-Can I have specifics about how to make sure sunroof drains are working on an 06? It looked dry in there, but it could be the culprit.
-other suggestions?

A

mextdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 1.9, 2012 Passat TDI SE DSG, Previous 2014 Beetle TDi, 2012 Golf TDi DSG
Do you have a sunroof? I’m 110% sure your sunroof drains are clogged. Try cleaning them or take them to the dealership, they have special tools to do so without causing damage. This happens very often. Otherwise check the sunroof drain cleaning procedures readily available.

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
Your front side sunroof drains are clogged and need to be cleaned. The best way I have done is to run an old speedo cable down them, I have tried weed eater line and that didn't quite do it. Compressed air might blow the hose off.

I had the exact same problem with mine, it leaks down the a pillar into the dash and on the floor.

Or take it to the dealer, but it is a maint item and needs to be done regularly.