Post your VCDS auto trans controller info.

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
Now that some of you are getting the emissions fix done and are unhappy with the new transmission tuning, we need to see if we can get a transmission tune to get back what everyone lost.

To do that, we need to get a database of what everyone has for the VAG Number and the Component.
Please list if yours is post fix or not and vehicle info.

Here is my info:
2015 Touareg TDI
My VAG Number is 0C8 927 755
Component: AL1000 AISIN 100 2817
NO FIX.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
id love to know which controls the manual shift response rate....drove a 2017 gas treg the other day and the up and down manual mode is 100x more responsive then the setup in my 2012....i was going to put paddle shifter wheel in but its so laggy i figured it was worthless but if i could get it to shift like the 2017 id do it.

Blownvette

Veteran Member
TDI
1990 Corvette with V10TDI ,2004 (2)V10TDI’s
id love to know which controls the manual shift response rate....drove a 2017 gas treg the other day and the up and down manual mode is 100x more responsive then the setup in my 2012....i was going to put paddle shifter wheel in but its so laggy i figured it was worthless but if i could get it to shift like the 2017 id do it.
I don’t know about the newer cars but the 2004 and 2008 v10tdi’s I have shift much faster with the paddle shifters than the console shifter. I do know that there is a coding change when I added the paddle shifters so that could be part of the difference or the micro switches in the paddle shifters may be quicker?

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
My calculated risk paid off! I bought a new TCM and put it into my Touareg. Then I took it in for the fix and the TCM made the Touareg stay in a lower gear running around town. It would stay in 3rd as I was running through the neighborhood when it used to run in 4th or maybe 5th. I then put my old TCM back in and it changed my shift patterns back to normal.

The new fixed TCM seems to require more throttle when using partial throttle. I am not a fan. So if you want to have your old shift patterns post-fix, get a new TCM and put that in your Touareg when you get it fixed.

I would be willing to “lend” mine out if yours is compatible.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
You could also seek a local tuner and have it re-programmed. But your idea is definitely a good one. I dont care for the shift patterns in mine since the fix, but will be getting tuned come spring anyways.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
If you find a tuner that does Aisin transmissions share with the rest of the class. I went looking last year and didn't come up with anything affordable.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I work for Unitronic, we are working on it. May be a few months down the road as Diesels are not priority for us.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
be nice to see but plenty have tried to break the code on aisin transmissions and most give up. Im interested to see how this pans out

yrktreg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Treg TDi Exec, 2010 JSW TDi DSG
I work for Unitronic, we are working on it. May be a few months down the road as Diesels are not priority for us.
Do you guys have any ECU Tunes..?

I thought that I heard that this JR tuning company has a TCU tune out..:confused:
Their website doesn't even show T3 capability, so someone should let me know that they may be missing customers

Not sure if it's for the T1's, 2's, or 3's

I can flash your TCM back to the original factory pre-flash fix software.

Here's what currently available for your Treg:
FL_0C8927755__
version 2882
version 3074
So I would say that going back to the 2882 version would restore anything that the 3074 put on there...

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
If you find a tuner that does Aisin transmissions share with the rest of the class. I went looking last year and didn't come up with anything affordable.

Here ya go:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=487077 :)

Also, Savageman69, that gasoline fueled 2017 model you liked most likely had a ZF transmission installed, not the slushy Aisin box. German transmissions work better in German cars it would seem, because I have experienced the same thing.

That said, the engine also makes a difference.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Do you guys have any ECU Tunes..?

I thought that I heard that this JR tuning company has a TCU tune out..:confused:
Their website doesn't even show T3 capability, so someone should let me know that they may be missing customers

Not sure if it's for the T1's, 2's, or 3's

I can flash your TCM back to the original factory pre-flash fix software.

Here's what currently available for your Treg:
FL_0C8927755__
version 2882
version 3074
So I would say that going back to the 2882 version would restore anything that the 3074 put on there...
Not yet for the ECU. Just lack of time basically especially this time of year we are busy and TDI's are a small portion of the market.
We do have a tune for my 2012 Passat although we have not officially released it on our website. Need to re-tune after the fix and re do the Dyno runs to see if any changes.