Winter tires, whos put them on?

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Volks:

I finally swapped out the Blizzaks for the Goodyear A/S tires today. I think this is the longest I've ever waited to remove the winter tires since I started doing the summer/winter tire swap thing. I'm really going to be in for a ration of sh*t if it snows again this spring. I guess I'll just have to hope that Mother Nature isn't a spiteful witch.

Dan
The snow in the Mid-West is gone even if we get some more it certainly won't be a winter blizzard and I think you could suffer one day on your all seasons eh? The next day the snow will all be gone:) The Harley boys were out everywhere this week end and they don't like salt on their tail pipes.

Last edited:

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
The predictions for the last two weeks of April are for highs in the 60s and 70s -- so I think it is safe to switch tires just about everywhere.
I am going to switch mine as soon as I get my clunk fixed in my suspension. I hit a stupid sunken manhole near my house and probably killed something. At the same time a dieselgeek skid plate is going to be installed.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
It's that time of year..... Normally it's about Thanksgiving that the winter weather is threatening and I'm deciding to put on the snows. But with El Nino this year and a late spring, a late winter follows.

Old snows on the new GTI. :cool: The old Rial 16's in gunmetal look pretty close to the GTI's night blue, gives it kind of a monotone look.

vs. the OE 18" 'Austin' Matchbox car wheels:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Winter tires on last Friday, about three weeks later than usual. And just in time.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
It's been winter for a while around here, and we'll be getting a really cold blast of winter next week.

My winter tires go on before Thanksgiving, and usually stay on until toward the end of April.

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
It's been winter for a while around here, and we'll be getting a really cold blast of winter next week.

My winter tires go on before Thanksgiving, and usually stay on until toward the end of April.
Chicago has only had one or two days of flurries. Calling for some freezing drizzle by morning, probably going to be slick out.