cold/freezing chime disable?

Reichard

TDI
Passat GLS 2005 Silver
Now that i've purchased my vag-com-can-hex-usb (thanks Ross-Tech!) I've disabled the irritating seatbelt chime (yes, i always waer my seatbelts), recoded my tranny to 01134, changed to autounlock.'

Now I want to disable that most dreadful chime that blings and messages in the MFA when the outdoor temp drops below 40. Dug thru the "instrumentation" in vag-com but didnt find anything.

Ross-tech was out of the Bently manual.

Smokerr

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon GL,2005,Silver
I guess it depends on where you are. Some trips I get it 4 or 5 times as it does it two points, and at (39 ddeg?) yep, its anoying, but you do get used to it, though the first couple of months you wonder what blew up!

Reichard

TDI
Passat GLS 2005 Silver
I'm in the northeast of PA. During the winter, the temp will hand around 40 for days and days. Invariably, that darn chime will bling off just as you're merging into traffic, going thru an intersection, or at other inopportune times. Always jars my wife.

Can I upload a custom ringer for it instead :^)

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I've had it ding a few times durring trips in the Passat. It can happen, and generally freaks out the female passengers in the car. (Oh no! what's wrong with the car???)

-Jason

forcefedsleeper

Veteran Member
TDI
00 NB blue
lol...i think its a good feature - reminds you of the fact that freezing on the road will set in

Smokerr

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon GL,2005,Silver
Hmmm, I live in Anchorage AK. It goes off frequently. As I am aware that

1. It can be icy any time all winter
2. It can and does snow at anytime
3. It chimes at two points, and if it goes enough above the chime point (or you turn off and start again) it does it again.

I don't need it. Its like having an alarm that says there are moose out. Well yea, what I need to know is there one coming out of the woods right now that I am going to hit, if not, so what?

Again, I have gotten to ignore it (sort of like a backup horn going off all the time). I still don't like it, and it would be nice to get rid of it.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
You have two options. Get rid of the temp display totally, or get rid of the speaker which plays the chime. I wouldn't do the latter... the same speaker also does the loud BEEP if your oil or coolant is low.

-Jason

Reichard

TDI
Passat GLS 2005 Silver
Smokerr said:
I don't need it. Its like having an alarm that says there are moose out. Well yea, what I need to know is there one coming out of the woods right now that I am going to hit, if not, so what?
lol that's the best