best deals on 2015's?

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
My dad is wanting a 2015 Passat DSG with NAV and asked me to find the best deal for him. What avenues are people using to get the best deals these days?

I ran it on Edmunds and it showed a price of $28K.

Thanks

bryce850

TDI
15 Passat TDI SEL
My dad is wanting a 2015 Passat DSG with NAV and asked me to find the best deal for him. What avenues are people using to get the best deals these days?

I ran it on Edmunds and it showed a price of $28K.

Thanks
There are deals to be had I paid 30 and some change for my sel in March. Timing seems to be what works best and a dealer sitting on a bunch of passats like mine was, when they brought the price down they sold most of the lot in one weekend

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
Truecar is a decent estimator. I got mine on a bit better deal than even Truecar said I should get, though it wasn't a SEL - it's a Manual.

Cintoman

TDI
2011 Jetta, 2015 Passat
I'm in the process of getting this one driven up to me from Lancaster, PA to my dealership in MA:

http://www.autohauslancastervw.com/...DI_SE_w/Sunroof_&_Nav-Lancaster-PA/2547532393

MSRP: $32,290.

TDI SE w/ Sunroof and Nav, Night Blue metallic with Cornsilk and Titan Black 2-tone interior. With wheel locks, splash guards, Monster Mat set with trunk liner and CarGo blocks, and Roadside Assistance kit.

I was able to get the car for $24,995 after working with the salesman for quite some time. I think I got a great deal on the car, considering that TruCar was saying an "exceptional" price was less than $27,637.

I got nearly $7,300 off the MSRP of the car.

Cintoman

Last edited:

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
I won't play the traditional dealer bargaining game. We happen to have a USAA credit card, and when we bought ours, I went to the USAA web site and used their car buying service. There was a downloadable "coupon" for a great price, but with a dealer in a county in Northern IL that would have meant a higher sales tax. I e-mailed some dealers, and when Suntrup in St. Louis responded, I asked if they would match the USAA coupon. They would. I then asked if they could find the specific car we wanted. They could. Deal was done within 5 minutes.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Rico, you should double-check the sales tax issue... I am told IL mandates taxation by your address, not purchase locale.

Has anyone used Costco's buyer service?

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Rico, you should double-check the sales tax issue... I am told IL mandates taxation by your address, not purchase locale.

Most states with a sales tax will collect it when you register the car in-state. For me, I would have to buy something out of state and keep it there for three months before I wouldn't have to pay the tax. That was based on when I checked a number of years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they've increased the length of time the car has to be licensed out of state.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)

I live in a rural base-tax area. As far as buying upstate (DuPage Co.), I was told different. Easier, and in the long run a better experience, just to go out of state. It was also about the same drive, and I paid the base (6.25%) tax.

We just joined Costco two months ago. If we buy a 2016 (which will depend on the changes VW makes), it will almost certainly be through their buyer's service...although I don't see how I could have beaten USAA on the car we're driving now.