PD EGR torque specs

dedededanny

TDI
'05 VW Golf - 300K
I've looked around quite a lot, and all I can find in the way of torque specs for the EGR system is for the ALH engine. I'm doing the EGR delete, so I really only need the bolts for the block off plates. One replaces the EGR valve, and 1 blocks each of the holes for the former cooler pipes. This is for off-road use only of course :D Also I've heard rumors of a sticky for common torque specs, but couldn't find it. Are these rumors true?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
EGR or for that matter most aluminum parts like that with m8 or similar sized bolts are about 8 to 12 ft lbs MAX, Into Cast iron for the block off plate, you should be safe with 15 to 18 ftlbs. there is not much you need here, slap some blue locktight on them and go to 8 on the intake manifold EGR pipe delete and 15 on the plate.

dedededanny

TDI
'05 VW Golf - 300K
EGR or for that matter most aluminum parts like that with m8 or similar sized bolts are about 8 to 12 ft lbs MAX, Into Cast iron for the block off plate, you should be safe with 15 to 18 ftlbs. there is not much you need here, slap some blue locktight on them and go to 8 on the intake manifold EGR pipe delete and 15 on the plate.
I sort of just made them "Guten Tight" to feel, I'll go double check with my torque gauge. Thanks! :) 8 ft/lbs for the exhaust block off nuts too I assume?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
it all depends on what material it goes into. but its not much, light hand tight or total finger tight should suffice.