Scangauge II TDIclub Group buy!

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
As mentioned, customs is hit and miss--if they do charge you it depends on the province, but generally the cost is 12-15% of the declared value.
-BB

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Ordered Monday. Arrived in Wednesday's mail. Already read & cleared the code in my van, verified the codes were clear in my daughter's car for emissions testing & used it on the road. It sure is a great product. I wish I had one a couple of years ago. Bob

cbass94

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 2011 JSW
Great product, received our two yesterday. Very fast shipping and we'll find out how it works today!

Thanks guys!

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Lucky guys in the US, us poor northern cousins have to wait for customs to graciously clear or srew us.
We wait.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Got it today!!

Got my scangauge today-sitting on counter when I got home from work-I'll have to hook it up tomorrow.Thanks for the quick shipping!!!

TDI
Jetta,99.5,Green
Looking for this the past 3 years

I Just ordered 2 units for my Jetta TDIs a 99.5 and 2003. I've been looking for a unit to give real time MPG for our jettas for the past three years. I can't wait to get these installed. I've even ordered an extra cable for the Toyota Tacoma. I can't wait until Toyota gets smart and gives us a nice diesel in a small pick up truck.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
They are being delivered in Ontario too, missed the mail man so gotta wait for Tuesday to get it.

Pretty good, about a week or so to Canada.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I am impressed with this ScanGauge II. Just what I have been playing with so far is impressive. Need to do a fill up and adjust those settings.

I run mine in the US measurements, since ? liter per 100 km mean nothing to me. Mpg is what I understand. Did a search to find the maximum amount of fuel the MK IV will take and I think setting the gauge at 16 US gallons ( 61 liters ) will be about right. The most I ever put in was 16.43 US Gal ( 62.2 Liters ) when I did 1132 km ( 703 miles ) on a tank without running it empty.

When you step on the accelerator pedal it is amazing to see how the Mpg varies and I get a kick out of seeing it show 450 Mpg when you are coasting.

You can adjust the backlighting of the gauge in as many as 63 custom colors and I need to find out how to match it to the VW instrument colors a bit closer.

It shows boost pressure but it needs a bit of thinking, my boost gauge starts at 0 Psig and the ScanGauge at 15.1 Psig ( Atmospheric pressure ). Shows air temp being sucked into the engine, water temperature, voltage and so much more.

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
You need to get a GPS to calibrate it to ensure accurate measurement. Mine had to be set to 1% compensation. It's been dead accurate once I did that and did the fuel adjustment with my first fill up. It doesn't go to 2 decimal places like I do, but it's still accurate.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thunderstruck said:
You need to get a GPS to calibrate it to ensure accurate measurement.
On very long trips I run a laptop and MS Streets&Trips 2007 connected to a GPS. So I know my speedo is out 4 km at 100km/h or about 2.3 m/h at 60 m/h.

It is my understanding that all VW speedos are a bit optimistic. So what that would mean is that if you go up the equivalent of 2 tire sizes it would be reading almost bang on.

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
My VW speedo is about 2 MPH optimistic. I don't use the speedo any more, I use the SG instead since I know it's right and I don't have to worry about tickets in high enforcement zones. You can compensate for the inaccuracy with the SG so it reads true speed. I double checked with 2 different GPS units, and they both agreed.
Bob-I used diesel A for mine.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
tdidieselbobny said:
A quick question-which fuel type did you use-diesel a or diesel b?
I left it at the Diesel a setting, just for the heck of it I will use the instructions provided to check for a or b type. But I would almost assume that b might be the heavier/thicker fuel.

shag

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport Edition
Bought mine last Tuesday - can't wait to get it up here :)

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The settings we use is Diesela, the Dieselb setting is for some Mercedes Benz cars. That is the explanation I received from the vendor.

GB ends next week on the 21st of June.

wfg97079

Veteran Member
TDI
for the first time in 17 years, none
Happy B-day to me

Just got one of these as a birthday gift
Fast delivery
Thanks

elicon200

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI
I ordered one - now I have to justify it to my wife, "...you've been figuring your mileage all this time just fine..." gees

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
Anyone know if it can store the calibration settings (fuel type, tank size, speedo correction, etc.) for more than one vehicle? If so, how many?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
elicon200 said:
I ordered one - now I have to justify it to my wife, "...you've been figuring your mileage all this time just fine..." gees
I know you'll be treading on thin ice if you ask her why she needs another pair of shoes etc. Lol

owr084
Contact the manufacturer at, they should be able to answer : http://www.scangauge.com/contactus.shtml

Last edited:

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
I've had one a year or so.. It works just fine and gives me an accurate speedo as a side benefit.
The Wifes new car needs one too, so I placed an order today!!
Thanks for the GB discount! It is much appreciated!

Bill