www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old September 26th, 2019, 12:39   #16
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Some dealers didn't want to mess with doing this unless you paid top dollar early on to get it back. Several people have posted on this exact thing.
Old September 27th, 2019, 16:34   #17
Hoops_5_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by compu_85 View Post
How much less was your cost than what VW paid you for the car?
It was a deal considering i only paid $23K brand new traded in a couple of cars outright for it and drove it for 3 years before turning it in and getting $24600.

Found it with only a couple hundred extra miles than i turned it in with and paid $13K.
Hoops_5_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2019, 22:28   #18
where2
Veteran Member

My wife and I snagged a beautiful, well cared for 2013 white JSW that had always lived in Texas. I presumed the original owner was happily driving something newer with the $$$ they received. We briefly looked at another white JSW the same dealer had, it had a shredded driver front tire in the cargo area, had a flat spare on it, and looked like someone took it off-roading before they turned it in. Did that one belong to one of you? I was tempted to low-ball them on that one and see what happens. (Glad I didn't, I just got a 2019 e-Golf because my 1.5mi commute was not the right duty cycle for a TDI engine...)
'04 Jetta_TDI_Wagon_GL 5spd (4 daily) Got Miles... 232k!
'90 Corrado_G60 Pkg_2 5spd (4 fun) Supercharged and half the fuel economy of a TDI!
where2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2019, 09:38   #19
NewEngland

I regularly searched for my VIN and about 6 weeks after the buy back I found the car for sale in Ohio. My turn-in was in Connecticut. I was surprised how little they were asking - $14,900 and they paid me around $34,000.
NewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2019, 17:11   #20
jerrymander
Veteran Member

I found my buyback! The earth reclaimed it.
Old October 6th, 2019, 01:03   #21
mydecember1985
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrymander View Post
I found my buyback! The earth reclaimed it.
Where are you looking this up? I would like to see where mine disappeared to. 2011 w/ about 50k miles and in damn fine shape. I'm sure it made it back to a lot somewhere.

F to pay respects. RIP

mydecember1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2019, 14:12   #22
flargabarg
Veteran Member

I know mine is out and about because I got sent to collections for a parking ticket on it. No idea how they got my address and it was at least easy to clean up. It still has not gone out for sale, even though the modification has been completed.
flargabarg is offline   Reply With Quote