2015 Phase 2 Issue ?

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
I just tried contacting one dealer here in KC, and the service advisor said there was a delay due to "SW glitch on sustained ( > 15 minutes) High speed (> 80 MPH) that causes the car to hesitate" .

I called another dealer and they mentioned nothing about this but did schedule me for next Monday.

Anybody else hear of this ?

bglf83

TDI
Jetta
I just tried contacting one dealer here in KC, and the service advisor said there was a delay due to "SW glitch on sustained ( > 15 minutes) High speed (> 80 MPH) that causes the car to hesitate" .

I called another dealer and they mentioned nothing about this but did schedule me for next Monday.

Anybody else hear of this ?
you mean between 15 and 80?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Lets get some back ground information before going into parsed conversations with the dealer.

You have a 2015 with phase 2 fix?

You have driven the car at >80mph for over 15 min and feel a hesitation?

Is the heistaion a stumble where you lose speed? or is it you just loose pulling power to accelerate from say 80-85?

What are the outside temps when this happens? 90F? How long are you on the highway before you notice this? is it the first 20 min of the drive or after 2 hrs?

You happen to know the oil temp when it happens?

IMO i could be the system is just starting a regen and you noticed the valve systems cycling, not sure though as we've never noticed it on our Passat.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No - I was trying to schedule to have Phase 2 done. I was told by one service advisor at ONE dealer that they had a delay from VW because of this.

I wanted to check if said dealer was just giving a story to not do it.

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!
I have had over 40,000 miles since my fix. I have driven over 80 miles per hour across the entire state of Kansas and had no hesitation issues, hiccups, or anything of the sort at all.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So, the last 2 posts make it sound like the first service adviser was making up a story. Thanks

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Most dealers make stuff up anyways.