F/S 2002 VW Golf TDI Auto

Chillin1977

TDI
02 VW Golf 1.9l TDI
Who rebuilt the transmission? :confused:
When was the timing belt replaced last? :confused:
The Transmission was rebuilt by Accurate Transmission in Valparaiso, IN

As for the Timing belt I'm not positive. When I swapped the motor I looked it over and it looked ok. I was planning on getting it replaced this summer but then I found a great deal on a 2015 so hence why I am selling it now.

All the parts I have recently replaced are way more than I am asking but i really don't need a 4th car and it is just sitting in my drive. So my loss is someone else's gain.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
To be real honest and straightforward here, as you are a "newbie" and just here to sell a car, the 01M auto transmission is way less desirable than a 5 speed manual transmission in these cars. Also, third party rebuilt units have a short life unless it was done by VW's contractor.

Plus, no info on the last timing belt change out other than saying you "looked at it" is not sufficient. We all know that a failure of the belt causes head and maybe piston damage which is more costly than the value of this car in most cases.

You may also explain why a used engine was put in the car at such low miles.

Good luck with the sale!

Chillin1977

TDI
02 VW Golf 1.9l TDI
To be real honest and straightforward here, as you are a "newbie" and just here to sell a car, the 01M auto transmission is way less desirable than a 5 speed manual transmission in these cars. Also, third party rebuilt units have a short life unless it was done by VW's contractor.
Plus, no info on the last timing belt change out other than saying you "looked at it" is not sufficient. We all know that a failure of the belt causes head and maybe piston damage which is more costly than the value of this car in most cases.
You may also explain why a used engine was put in the car at such low miles.
Good luck with the sale!
Thank you for your input, sorry if it says I'm a newbie as I don't post to much but I have been coming to this site for quite a while.

I know the issues with an om1 tyranny and that is why I am being truthful about it and where it was rebuilt.

I also know the issues with the timing belt and once again why I am being truthful that I am unsure of when it was last done.

As for why the motor was replaced, I would have gladly tell anyone if they would have asked, was the old motor threw a hydraulic lifter and seized the motor up.

It is a nice car and runs and drives good. I don't need it any longer as I got a good deal on a 2015. I have put alot of new parts on the car and just thought it would make a good car for someone else that likes the TDIs.

Last edited:

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
Appreciate the candor
Couple questions: Any rust or previously repairs to body/paint?
A rebuilding of the 01M ( what was done)
How long have you owned and carfax?
Receipt/documentation for the work like engine replacement etc.
Relatives in Greenville IN. If it happens.

Our Camry w/~400K just got smashed again (it's hit everything but the lottery)
Thanks, Kevin

Chillin1977

TDI
02 VW Golf 1.9l TDI
Appreciate the candor
Couple questions: Any rust or previously repairs to body/paint?
A rebuilding of the 01M ( what was done)
How long have you owned and carfax?
Receipt/documentation for the work like engine replacement etc.
Relatives in Greenville IN. If it happens.
Our Camry w/~400K just got smashed again (it's hit everything but the lottery)
Thanks, Kevin
There is some rust right in the quarter panel behind the drivers side front wheel.

No body work that I can tell.

I have owned it for about a year and a half I don't have the carfax as I tossed it cause I planned on having this car till I drove it into the ground but found the deal on the new one I could pass up. But the carfax I seen for it I was the 3rd owner the first one owned it than traded it in to a dealer then I bought it from the dealer. No wrecks on the carfax and had a good maintenance history.

I did the engine swap so no receipts other than I could pull up the PayPal for the motor when I bought it.

And the OM1 rebuild they did a Master rebuild kit on it and i have the receipt i paid around $2400 for it and it had a 1 year 12,000 warranty on it.