Can you solve this?

fairbanks

Veteran Member
TDI
‘14 Passat TDI SEL ‘14 Jetta Sport Wagon ‘14 Passat TDI SEL
Original problem 0299 code
New:
N75, vacuum reservoir, fuel/vacuum pump, turbo, cylinder head, timing belt, water pump, vacuum hoses, glow plugs and throttle body valve (twice).
VW said the china version has a hole in diaphragm?
Car starts right up, but the emissions workshop light was still present. Test drive shows no power.
I have obdeleven, this device did not remove the code. I used a cheaper plug in to remove that code. Test drive shows power restored for 2 minutes, The 0299 code reappears?
I drove to work 26miles with the code tool plugged in when it lost power I erased code, cars power restored for a minute, repeat erase?

What is wrong?

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Yep, sounds like the turbo hose or the ever elusive 90 degree elbow at the anti-shutter valve. Pull both off and inspect for cracks or holes.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Shove a cheap cigar into the air filter housing and see where the smoke leads to. :)

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You have a boost leak or a control side (vacuum) problem. Simple system.

Although if you put a Chinaboost turbo on there, anything is possible.

Hansautoparts/Prothe by chance?

fairbanks

Veteran Member
TDI
Oilhammer, I don't think that it is vacuum, because I have replaced everything on that simple system.
I have the OBD tool plugged in when I drive, and when I feel the car go into limp mode I hit the erase codes button and the car picks up and go's. I can put the cruise on and it is fine all the way home, I have problem getting up to speed and on inclines, like entering the express way.
^
**I wonder if the lines to the n75 valve are crossed?
'?'
I think of this as a brain teaser puzzle, I can't think of the word, like a trivia?
I hope you get what I am saying here, anyone else that can help try to solve this _______? It's on the tip of my tongue!

Last edited:

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
Boost hose just aft turbo and all boost tubing connections should be checked for leaks. It's likely more than 1 location. Boost hose likely has a sizeable hole or split that can't be seen without removing and careful inspection.

oilhammer

TDI
Good news is, all you need is a helper to brake torque it a little. You can watch the VNT rod move (you can also do this with a scan tool doing the VNT Basic Settings), and you can listen for a boost leak.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Check the 2 hoses I have already mentioned before buying or doing anything else and let us know what you find.

fairbanks

Veteran Member
TDI
The one hose is new but I will throughly check the hoses.
And respond this weekend.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Since it's part of the charge air system, the subframe/rad supports could be rusted out too.

oilhammer

TDI
That crossover piece is its own part, but it could certainly rust out I guess if you are in the salt belt. It is steel, after all.