Swapping parts between 00 Jetta VR6 and 01 Jetta TDI

euphoria18_79

TDI
2001 VW Jetta
Hello everyone.
Just a short intro since i am new to the site. Just recently purchased a 2001 VW Jetta TDI with 154000 km on it. Love the car. It needs a couple things however, the power window motor on the passenger side is shot, and the power locks on the same side seems to work 50% of the time.
I found a 2000 Jetta with the VR6 motor, same color, except it has leather seats, but the motor is shot. I am taking a guess, pretty much everything can be swapped between the 2 cars, with the exception of the drive train. I noticed the VR6 has 16" tires, where the TDI only has 15". Would there be any potential problems in swapping out tires.
Any info would be appreciated.
Chris

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Hello everyone.
Just a short intro since i am new to the site. Just recently purchased a 2001 VW Jetta TDI with 154000 km on it. Love the car. It needs a couple things however, the power window motor on the passenger side is shot, and the power locks on the same side seems to work 50% of the time.
I found a 2000 Jetta with the VR6 motor, same color, except it has leather seats, but the motor is shot. I am taking a guess, pretty much everything can be swapped between the 2 cars, with the exception of the drive train. I noticed the VR6 has 16" tires, where the TDI only has 15". Would there be any potential problems in swapping out tires.
Any info would be appreciated.
Chris
You shouldn't have any problems swapping the rims and tires between cars. The power window regulator and motors should swap as well as the leather seats with possibly a minor problem with plugs being different. The plugs are probably the same but you never know until you look at them.

The front brakes are better on the VR6 too. To swap these out you'll need to swap the spindle, caliper, pads and rotor. They are 11.3" vs the TDI's 11". The VR6 spindle allows for an even larger brake upgrade of 12.3 with the changing of the rotor and carrier only as sold here: http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_IV--VR6_24v/Braking/Big_Brake_OEM/ES411/

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
the 16" might weigh a little more but the outside diameter will remain the same. maybe a 1-2mpg loss but some handling performance will be gained.