Any interest in a 2015 Jetta Hybrid for $8995?

atikovi

Veteran Member

200 more pictures in my album at: http://www.fototime.com/inv/8CCFD8E8E13BDDB

This is a hard to find Jetta Hybrid model that gets 50 mpg like the diesel and some added features the diesel doesn't have. It’s a one owner car with a clean Carfax. 170 horsepower from a 1.4L turbo engine combined with a 7-speed DSG automated manual transmission means this car is the performance car of hybrids. Engine off silence at stop lights and all electric drive for short distances and in stop and go traffic make even traffic jams nearly enjoyable.

Fully equipped with moonroof, navigation, backup camera, front and rear parking sensors, blind spot alert, etc. Beautiful Oryx Pearl white glows in the sunlight and car has no paintwork. Quarter size cut in rear bumper, shallow dent in right rear door with no paint damage and left corner of front bumper slightly misaligned from fender. Has about 159,000 miles.

Car has had over $5,000 in new and recent parts and service including a new Mechatronic unit, new timing belt, new spark plugs, new filters and fluids, brake pads and rotors front and rear, four new tires, new floor mats. VW finally went to timing belts on these models eliminating timing chain stretch which destroys many engines with tensioner problems. You shouldn't need major maintenance for another 150,000 miles.

Priced at $8,995. Located in the Washington DC area but can deliver at low cost. atikovi@email.com

Last edited:

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
You took your time to take 68 pictures of the exterior of the car but not even a single one of the interior.

atikovi

Veteran Member
You took your time to take 68 pictures of the exterior of the car but not even a single one of the interior.
Did you read where I said, Will ad interior pics next week. I just detailed the exterior over the weekend and am waiting for a new set of floor mats I ordered before taking interior pics.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Just a shout out, if you've never driven one of these, they really run well. Far better to drive than any Prius. Only downside is the trunk is smaller than normal due to battery placement. But they are very peppy around town, and no stupid timing chain to worry about, so the engine should actually last a good long time.

Not many people even know these exist. They didn't sell many.

tbones

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat wagon tdi, 1991 Corrado TDI (sold)1983 Vanagon 7pass.GL 1.6td 1982 Westy;THE PHOENIX 1.6na(NOW JX/5speed) my partner's 2014 Jetta Sportwagon 6spd manual AND MY NEW TOY/PROJECT... Sunny, a bright yellow 87 syncro Westy with 1Z TDI motor
Hi there,

I've never driven one... I'm a confirmed manual tranny guy... Am I going to like this type of car?

Thanks
Steve

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I had a 2013 Jetta SEL Hybrid.....it was a great car the 1.4 T with the electric Motor is surprisingly Quick smooth and it is very enjoyable to drive the 7 Speed DSG is sweet! Negatives are no Trunk and smallish Gas tank and never got anywhere near the advertised gas Milage and it required Premium gas!

crayonbox

TDI
SOLD: 2002 Jetta TDI / SELLING: 1996 Passat TDI B4V / CURRENT: 2018 Golf Alltrack Base
Good luck! The car looks awesome and so much time was taken to present it well. Free bump!

atikovi

Veteran Member
There is no actual service requirement mentioned in the manual, 100K is just a general suggestion. This uses a dry clutch. No contamination of the fluid like a wet clutch.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
I had a 2013 Jetta SEL Hybrid.....it was a great car the 1.4 T with the electric Motor is surprisingly Quick smooth and it is very enjoyable to drive the 7 Speed DSG is sweet! Negatives are no Trunk and smallish Gas tank and never got anywhere near the advertised gas Milage and it required Premium gas!
For what is worth, here is Fuelly's MPG average for the 1.4L hybrid engine:

2015 Volkswagen Jetta MPG
Based on data from 14 vehicles, 854 fuel-ups and 339,511 miles of driving, the 2015 Volkswagen Jetta gets a combined Avg MPG of 39.44 with a 0.33 MPG margin of error.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
I do see you are the East coast. That's not an issue for me. I'm not sure I want to let my beetle go, but I sent you a PM about it.