Clutch is smoked

Fociracr

TDI
99.5 Jetta
Clutch is smoked on my ‘99 TDI with 235k miles on it. I need to replace and i like the quiteness of the stock DMF but I dont want to spend $750 for a clutch and flywheel on a 20 yr old car. ECS currently has a clutch kit with a SMF on sale right now for about $370 shipped. I was wondering how bad the chatter is with a SMF or if anyone has had experience with the ECS clutch kits TIA https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...28mm-single-mass-flywheel-14-lbs/esr198031s1/

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
There is also the 17-050 by Luk. It is a complete DMF, disc and plate for about $200.
cheers,
Douglas

Genesis

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
It's not.

You still need the engine mount bolts (that are TTY) and a few other fasteners and such, but yeah, it's a good kit and a nice price.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
That seems like a really good price, anyone have this bad boy installed?
I have the quiet clutch installed and it’s much quieter than the G60 It replaced. From the day i installed the G60 I didn’t like the noise. I really like the “quiet clutch

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Google: 'LUK 17-050 Amazon'
great clutch for stock tdi's
That is where I got mine, and at the time it was $178 IIRC. Installed it and was very happy. Car got an additional 80k on it under my hand, and now it is getting run by The Boy as his first car. God willing, he will wear it out...:)
cheers,
Douglas

*he is sure keeping it cleaner than I...LOL