2012 Jetta TDI Lease Transfer? Trade In? What are my options, please help..

placebo614

TDI
2013 VW Golf Wolfsburg Edition
I leased a 2012 Jetta TDI Highline w/ Nav back in mid September. The car drives great, however, based on my active lifestyle, I think I would have been a better fit for the Golf TDI. Can anyone please advise me what my options are if wanted to swap a jetta TDI lease for a Golf TDI.. The car currently has a approx 6600 KM, no damage, no scratches, mint condition.. If the dealership bought the car from me based on all the monthly payments, they could sell it for a healthy profit.. Is it possible??????

Thank you

BryceShelton

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI GLS 5spd
You're looking at lease takeover...but most people who drive TDIs find it impossible to stay within the kilometer-age restrictions of the contract.

Eg) A lot of us drive +30,000 km a year.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
If you leased it through VW Credit you can pay off the lease. It used to be this was expensive, but the last time I did it (in '08) it was not, just like paying off a loan early. You should look into it. You could also explore swapping out the lease onto a new Golf from your Jetta and see what the dealer says, but I bet that will cost more.

placebo614

TDI
i paying $470 tx, no money down, just my security..
i figure the golf will run a few extra $$, but how would paying the entire lease help? i wouldnt be the owner , i still need to pay the residual ..

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Find a dealer with a business manager you can talk to...There are options, but, they probably will not be cheap. Nothing is impossible, just a matter of how much it costs.

placebo614

TDI
Find a dealer with a business manager you can talk to...There are options, but, they probably will not be cheap. Nothing is impossible, just a matter of how much it costs.

who owns the car at the end of the Lease? is it the dealership, VW Canada, or the lease/financial company?

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
It depends on whose lease it is....Usually vw, but, I have seen dealers do private leases....you have the paperwork...look at it....he who owns the lease, owns the car at the end.

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Yup, and if you were not 100 percent comfortable with the person who did your financing at the dealership....you can always shop around. These things can be complicated, take your time, and really look at the numbers. Good luck!!