Audi A3 Dieselgate -- Info

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
The "ten business days" is a timeline specified in the settlements. Class counsel seems to take the position that it started on 10/25; the FTC believes the clock started on 11/1.

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI S-Line, 2005.5 Jetta TDI (BRM) 6MT (02Q)
The "ten business days" is a timeline specified in the settlements. Class counsel seems to take the position that it started on 10/25; the FTC believes the clock started on 11/1.
Ah well very nice clarity there. Thanks Dan!

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
I uploaded a copy of my license, their loan contact form, and my NYS registration. It all says documents completed. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
Same here except my loan is through Audi financial. Hope to get this soon, my replacement car is sitting on the lot.

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
Right, so the consensus is that any car with a lien on it is taking longer to approve or allow for scheduling.

Most assume that it is through attrition. That would be VAG taking their time to allow another payment cycle for loans as well as allowing the miles to accumulate. :-\

Tailwagger

TDI
2015 A3
All my docs have been uploaded for a while. Just received a final document to sign and send back. Has to be notarized, can this process be any more of a PITA?, and it can then be uploaded. Own the car outright, so perhaps that's a factor in the timing. Hopefully can get it done tomorrow, my replaced arrived in port yesterday, so like others here, I just want to get this all behind me.

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
Right, so the consensus is that any car with a lien on it is taking longer to approve or allow for scheduling.

Most assume that it is through attrition. That would be VAG taking their time to allow another payment cycle for loans as well as allowing the miles to accumulate. :-\

I don't mind making another payment because at the end it's a wash anyway. Luckily I've been driving my summer car for the last 6 weeks but I'll be putting it away next week. So I haven't been putting any miles on the car.

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
I feel that most of us will be in that boat. When were your initial documents verified? Mine was on 10/27. I submitted it all on 10/26.

If I don't hear anything after this week, I'm going to park it and drive something else.

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
I uploaded the required documents and received the email on 11/3 stating they were received and VW was determining eligibility.

Tailwagger

TDI
2015 A3
Any lawyers in the house? And if so have you read the waiver and you're happy with it?

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
I received my final offer yesterday.

Printed and had documents notarized today.

Will fax in documents tomorrow and wait for my turn in appointment.

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
I received my final offer yesterday.

Printed and had documents notarized today.

Will fax in documents tomorrow and wait for my turn in appointment.
Sweet, good for you! Your car didn't have a lien did it? When did you submit your docs? I'm still waiting lol. Also, did the final offer match the original quoted offer?

Tailwagger

TDI
2015 A3
I uploaded the form this afternoon. A tip... I scanned all seven pages (per their instructions), then tried to up load them, but they want a single file. So you'll need to merge your scanned docs if you want to upload. (easy to do on the mac via preview by just inserting the pages via Edit-> Insert and saving the result)

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
Sweet, good for you! Your car didn't have a lien did it? When did you submit your docs? I'm still waiting lol. Also, did the final offer match the original quoted offer?
No lien
Submitted docs mid Oct.
Final offer is $500 off.... but I think its because theres a $500 difference between Oct and Nov trade ins.. so they took Oct into consideration... I'm sure it'll be Dec/Jan by the time I trade it in and I'll get the $500 difference.

I faxed the 7 pages back to them today.

Last edited:

Tailwagger

TDI
2015 A3
As I mentioned, I uploaded the docs yesterday, received a response today. Surprisingly fast. Last step is furnishing the current mileage as of today... cant until my wife gets home... and once thats entered there is a follow-on page that schedules the appointment at the chosen dealership for xfer. As soon I complete the process I'll report back if there was anything else involved.

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
As I mentioned, I uploaded the docs yesterday, received a response today. Surprisingly fast. Last step is furnishing the current mileage as of today... cant until my wife gets home... and once thats entered there is a follow-on page that schedules the appointment at the chosen dealership for xfer. As soon I complete the process I'll report back if there was anything else involved.

Thanks, that sounds good. I'm curious if there is any kind of intensive inspection.

Tailwagger

TDI
2015 A3
Thanks, that sounds good. I'm curious if there is any kind of intensive inspection.
I finished the process and booked my appointment for the first available slot, Dec 14. Once you book the date, you go to another page that has a set of document to download and have pre-signed and ready to go to speed up the process at the dealership. Three docs, a checklist doc, a limited power of attorney doc (odometer related) and another odometer certification doc. No mention of any inspections of the car, nothing. Looks like you sign the papers, hand them the keys, they cut you a check.

Last edited:

Tailwagger

TDI
2015 A3
Abbreviated text of the checklist for buyback and lease return...
REMINDER: The final payment to you will depend on the mileage on your vehicle at the time of the appointment. If, on the day of your appointment, your mileage is in excess of the range expected based on the mileage you have entered, and you chose to be paid by check, the appointment could be rescheduled so that a new check can be processed with the adjusted amount. If your mileage is less than the expected range on that day, a second check for the amount of the resulting additional compensation will be mailed to you. If you chose to be paid by EFT, your EFT payment will be adjusted accordingly.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO YOUR CLOSING
Government Issued Photo ID for Each Listed Registered Owner
Government Issued Photo ID for Each Listed Titleholder, if applicable
Notarized Power of Attorney for Titleholder(s), if applicable
If each Titleholder cannot be present...
2.0-Liter TDI Vehicle whose VIN Matches the VIN Associated with Your Claim
Remember that the vehicle must be driven under its own 2.0-liter engine power in order to complete the Buyback.
Transferable Title, if applicable
If you possess the title to your vehicle, you must bring the original title to your closing....
Certified Check, if applicable
If your offer letter indicated that you owe money to Volkswagen...
All Keys and Key FOBs
Remove Personal Items
2.0-Liter Settlement Claims Program
Lease Termination
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO YOUR CLOSING
Government Issued Photo ID for Each Lessee
Notarized Power of Attorney for Leaseholder(s), if applicable
2.0-Liter TDI Vehicle whose VIN Matches the VIN Associated with Your Claim
All Keys and Key FOBs
Remove Personal Items

Tailwagger

TDI
2015 A3
This is excellent info. Thank you!!
Very happy to help. I certainly will hand the TDI over with misty eyes, but as much as I will miss the car, I will miss the folks on this forum equally so. Really great group.

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
Agreed. And likewise. I will do the same, though I'm sure this wont be the last TDI I have.

Tailwagger

TDI
2015 A3
Indeed, I'm tempted to tell the dealership, if they elect to keep the car for resale after the fix, let me know, I might buy it back.