AAZ > 1Z in 1982 Westy ....

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
Starter issue ....

Other than removing, cleaning, and re-installing, which never helped, I never done anything else.

However, it does not hang "engaged" now. For some reason it just quit hanging up. So, I'm good with that.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get the AC going (all new hoses) and head out "again" toward Alaska on Monday. Monday is the close of the window of opportunity as far as I am concerned. If that doesn't work, we'll be falling back to plan B ..... trip out west!
are you planning on catching the eclipse during your trip? i'm thinking of heading to wyoming for a view :)

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Well, actually, I hadn't given it much thought (catching the eclipse). I am aware of the event but haven't followed stories, news, etc., about it. So, I need to look into this.

Assuming all goes as planned, we should be back near the US/Canada border by August 21st. We usually re-enter the states at Glacier National Park in Montana. So, a viewing may end up being perfect for us.