Nozzles and Fuel

ben0069

TDI
allroad 2.5 tdi v6
What is the best scenario for the engine;
Big nozzles and reduced fuel or smaller nozzles and max fuel ? when both give you the same power.

nikolay_ss

TDI
1.9TDI ALH
You put less stress on the pump when you have big nozzles. They can deliver the same quantity for lower voltage.

nikolay_ss

TDI
1.9TDI ALH
You put less stress on the pump when you have big nozzles. They can deliver the same quantity for lower voltage.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
So your actually not adding more or less fuel the way your looking at it. think about it as adding the relatively the same fuel but more efficiently.
you want the nozzles that will give you the target HP you want, and not what your going for in the future and tune them with a pop test tune for the power and fuel econ you want.

by defualt, you get more power by becoming more efficient in a diesel with out adding MORE fuel consumption. Case in point, my AHU, i put some 764's on it and increased fuel econ instantly and as i added more power mods i lost that fuel econ as i was able to push them further with a tune.

the real way to look at this is that your turbo, nozzles, cam and other mods dont really change anything very much unless you get a tune for it.