Best MK4 Pendulum Dogbone for TDI ALH Engine

racerxtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5spd GLS
:D

Picture this a Solid Transmission mount (instead of the crappy windowed version) and upgraded Durometer rubber 6o to be exact. NOw something that good has to be expensive right? NOPE!

So I got a clutch done (will post about that later) but I have the Wingnut Inspired Pendulum modification (stock bushings under heavier preload). But I would still get wheel hop and felt it was worth the money (Free Mod). But I wanted more...

I had planned to Windo Weld that bushing (bore out and urethane the window) but they beat me to it!

Enter the CTS Turbo MK4 Dogbone Mount (Complete) 60 Durometer mount.

WOW where have you been all my life. "No!" Yes I said "NO!" additional cabin NHV just firm shifts and very little wheel hop. I have been running it for about 150 miles so this is not a long term review. But man am I impressed!!!

So now at the risk of them selling out the price. The vendor I purchased it from was $33.99 Shipped (url of first image Not Second).

I searched and found nothing on this but I am happy I took the chance!

Fillings intact i have no need for the Poly offerings everywhere else!

Showing the Solid Bushing

clove5

TDI
99.5 golf 1.9l, white, two door
i previously had an ECS poly dogbone mount that failed. i spent like $80 on that 7-8 years ago.

i put the original back on and are much happier.

i am glad to see that there is another better option.

thx

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
I had the BFI bushings in my old gti and stock mounts. Blew the bolts out for the dog bone from it being stiff and the motor/trans mounts stock. I have since learned that if you stiffin one mount do it to all 3 or could have the same failure as me. Of course I did burn out after burn out with that gti so maybe that aided it.

racerxtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5spd GLS
I think that's a good idea... I think firmer (60a) instead of the firmest (Poly any form) is to harsh for a Diesel. I did replace the bolts and but I will look at that as I am at 132k on stock mounts!

Last edited:

racerxtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5spd GLS
So the also make other mounts Trans and Engine. I will purchase them ad report back... With new bolts as well!

irvingj

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon TDI (PD/BEW)
An older thread, but perhaps the best place for my question(s).

INFO: 2005 A4 TDI Wagon, BEW engine. Typically not horsed; I tend to be (maybe too) gentle with my vehicles, but that's the way I drive -- not that I won't put my foot into it when required. I'll also often take it up past 4K going up my large hill to come home, just to exercise and clean out the turbo.

BACK STORY: Back in 2013, at 103,000+ miles, I was getting a very annoying --and increasingly loud-- "snap/pop" noise between acceleration and deceleration, going over a bump, shifting between 1st and reverse, applying brakes to stop and then starting off, etc. I began replacing bushings, shock mounts, and a few other things, all to no avail.

Finally one of the guys at idparts asked if I had changed the dogbone mount; I had not. Ordered one of their aftermarket versions (OEM was quite a bit more expensive) and installed it, and voila! the noise disappeared.

Fast forward to a month ago, and the noise re-appeared and was getting louder and more annoying. Car now has 150K+ on it. Again, I ordered idparts' aftermarket dogbone mount (current pricing: aftermarket about $40, OEM about $150) and installed it. Noise is now gone.

Question: I'm very glad to have the noise gone -- I find it incredibly annoying-- but is 47K miles a reasonable lifespan for that piece? Could there be something ELSE that's worn causing undue stress on the dogbone?

I'd love to post a pic of the mount just pulled, but I can't remember how to do it! It looks darn near identical to the one in the photo above, however.

PS-- I'd love to post more often, but my little blue beast ("baby diesel") has had very few issues --so far-- in it's life! Have NO plans to part with it any time soon... TIA for any thoughts.