AFN/ASV pump differences?

Davegsm82

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf TDI 2.0 CRB 150BHP + T25 Vanagon AFN 110BHP
Title says it all really, are there any differences between the AFN/ASV pumps? both are 110BHP engines, but the ASV was much later (pretty much the last rotary pump model). I recall someone once saying the ASV one had a different pressure plate installed, but wouldn't know how to verify this.

I have an AFN installed in my T3 camper van, works fine with the MSA15 ECU but I'd like to use the EDC15+ from an ASV for tuning purposes, I've already made the loom and tried it out. Starts and runs just fine but I've not actually driven it any difference as it was just a 'lash-up' to check whether it worked at all and I don't want to risk damaging anything.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
The ASV has the adjustable sprocket with oblong slots, AFN pump is the spin around to set type...Maybe cam is different and pressure valves might be set a touch higher on ASV due to euro 3 restrictions. I would look for a AHH 11mm pump if you want more power or/and fueling. With Bosio race 520 nozzles it does really shift !

Davegsm82

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf TDI 2.0 CRB 150BHP + T25 Vanagon AFN 110BHP
Thank you for the replies, makes me a bit more confident about this.

Out of interest, does anyone know if it's possible to use the 11mm pump head from a pump which rotates in the opposite direction? I know some landrovers have 11mm pumps on the 2.5L engines, but from memory they are CCW rotation. 11mm pumps in the UK are simply astronomical prices :-/

skaude

TDI
7x 1.9tdi passat variant
Thank you for the replies, makes me a bit more confident about this.

Out of interest, does anyone know if it's possible to use the 11mm pump head from a pump which rotates in the opposite direction? I know some landrovers have 11mm pumps on the 2.5L engines, but from memory they are CCW rotation. 11mm pumps in the UK are simply astronomical prices :-/

it is rotation dependant, afaik its not interchangeable.