Pd150 turbo inlet kit

DieselDuberrr

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta
Pd150 turbo inlet reducer SOLVED

Hey guys, so I did some searching but I can't find any specifics unfortunately. Trying to figure this out without unbolting the pipe.
Picked up a pd150 tip, maf and airbox for super cheap. Anyway, it didn't come with the reducer that connects the tip to the turbo.
My turbo is a vnt17, and I recall using the alh reducer. But now, I'll be going with whta looks to be a larger tip.
I'm trying to determine if the alh reducer will be fine, or if in gonna have to pick up a pd150 one.
SOLVED: BEW reducer is the same size as the pd130/150 TIP.

Last edited:

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Use the alh reducer for the Pd150 tip. The larger one is for vnt17/22 and larger.

nikolay_ss

TDI
1.9TDI ALH
I don't think ALH reducer will do the work.
I have ALH and as I remember correctly it didn't work for me and I had to find the pd130/150 reducer.

DieselDuberrr

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta
TIP is in, test drive was good, no codes from the maf.

however, lots of lag in the low rpm. wondering if its to do with the pd150 maf that im using. I think swapping it with the alh maf sensor would help with this.

anyone able to weigh in.. once i get injectors, ill be going in for a tune. so I could have it looked at then if its a air quantity issue??

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
It’s really easy. Just don’t forget your starting point and after you are happy with the adjustment make sure you save! If you can’t get it where you want with VCDS then might need to hammer mod it.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Check your IQ with vcds. Every time I changed a mod on my old Jetta I check and dialed the IQ in.

When I installed my PD150 intake manifold and deleted the EGR, my IQ
lowered ~ 3 points. I believe the increased air flow, and hence more fuel,
was the culprit.

The hammer mod is simple enough, but I do recommend the special socket
for the pump. Makes life ez. You do have a VCDS cable right?

DieselDuberrr

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta
When I installed my PD150 intake manifold and deleted the EGR, my IQ
lowered ~ 3 points. I believe the increased air flow, and hence more fuel,
was the culprit.

The hammer mod is simple enough, but I do recommend the special socket
for the pump. Makes life ez. You do have a VCDS cable right?
Yeah I have vcds. Up until now I've only been clearing codes with it. So time to stsrt learning what it can actually do I guess.

Interesting that the eq dropped after the egr delete. I also deleted mine, but got a 150 egr valve so it looked oem. Possible then, that I'm having the same issue and need to adjust.

you dont think that the PD150 MAF sensor has anything to do with it?

Last edited:

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
"you dont think that the PD150 MAF sensor has anything to do with it?"

Dunno'. Could be a bad sensor too, if you still have your original, swap that
in and see if it makes a difference. That's a quick check. I believe that the diesel MAFS are pretty much the same.

I'm planning a R32 airbox install, with a bigger diameter MAF. That WILL require a tune tweak. Be aware that you can actually run a MAF deleted tune. Again, that'll require changes by the programmer.

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
The PD will have a wider range to read. Check what grams its reading on idle and make sure when hitting the throttle it jumps up. I highly advise looking on Ross tech site or watching their videos on YouTube and learn VCDS. You will be amazed what you can do on your own.

BustedBolts

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 and 2002 Golf's
You will need to get the tune recalibrated for the new maf tube, I recommend using the alh maf sensor in the pd150 tube and talk to your tuner about an update because the reading will be different due to the tube size.

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
I don’t think it is a need. I updated my old Jetta to the darkside TIP and VR6 MAF which is comparable to the pd150 sensor. Never had to alter my tune aside from adjusting the IQ.

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
Updating to pd150 TIP doesn’t change anything, now on the other hand using a pd150 MAF instead is the ALH MAF does require a tune because the MAF is read different air flow. Remember the MAF reads at the airbox so what happens after doesn’t have an affect .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BustedBolts

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 and 2002 Golf's
Tune has to be changed if maf tune or sensor is changed, I do my own tuning, and I have done maf swaps in both my cars.