Tulsa 2015 VW Golf TDi DSG Tungsten Silver 6,300 miles sell at buy back

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I hope that you get everything you are asking and more. I posted actual sales at Manheim, based on the same model that you have. My apologies for posting on your thread because I don't really like people posting my for sale threads. I should have just kept the data too myself. Good luck with your sale.

I went back and deleted your info in my post.

Guess you can go back and delete your info in your post also.

====================================

Only might add I am (trying) to sell my car at VW buy back.

In the next few months, If no one comes forward ~~ VW's $25,625 is good enough

... or do the fix

Last edited:

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
if you are selling it here for full buyback price there is something wrong, you'll have to ebay or autotrader this to a sucker or something, anyone smart enough to be on this forum is smart enough to just buy a new left over from VW.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
if you are selling it here for full buyback price there is something wrong, you'll have to ebay or autotrader this to a sucker or something, anyone smart enough to be on this forum is smart enough to just buy a new left over from VW.

Might seem that way. I did an unlimited mile search on cars.com for 2015 Golf with DSG. There are 10 cars from coast to coast.

And there are not cheap. Some as high as $30,000 plus.

All dealers do not use cars.com. So there are surely more offers out there.

But, my car has one advantage. While it has only 6,355 miles, it was garage kept for last 910 days and driven at least weekly (more or less).

No wiper blade, rotor, brake pad, leaking issues, tires with flat spots, rodent chewed wires, sun (UV) interior, exterior damage, adblue issues, etc., etc., etc.

Additionally, a new owner of my car can ellect to sell it back to VW for the full $25,625 and drive it (approx) 25,000 mles and (approx) 180 days. :D:D:D:D

If I have made a misstatement will some one pleas correct me?

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Might seem that way. I did an unlimited mile search on cars.com for 2015 Golf with DSG. There are 10 cars from coast to coast.

And there are not cheap. Some as high as $30,000 plus.

All dealers do not use cars.com. So there are surely more offers out there.

But, my car has one advantage. While it has only 6,355 miles, it was garage kept for last 910 days and driven at least weekly (more or less).

No wiper blade, rotor, brake pad, leaking issues, tires with flat spots, rodent chewed wires, sun (UV) interior, exterior damage, adblue issues, etc., etc., etc.

Additionally, a new owner of my car can ellect to sell it back to VW for the full $25,625 and drive it (approx) 25,000 mles and (approx) 180 days. :D:D:D:D

If I have made a misstatement will some one pleas correct me?

How's the sale going?:confused:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
How's the sale going?

17 days in to the journey. <======

BTW, took my Golf to the dealership to do (only) a tire rotation.

The order was for "rotate" tires. And I told him it was 95 % to get a CARFAX entry. He explained the complimentary wash was not available, as the temp is-was 'bout 10 F.

I was expecting to pay approx $25. Nice to say the rotation was on the house. nine - 32nds -- 34 PPSI Thank you Don Thornton VW Tulsa

My wife just did her rotation on her 2015 Toyota RAV4 LIMITED. Charge? = $26.95:)

Good investment as her tires are 'bout a $850 replacement. And again. There is a CARFAX entree. :rolleyes:

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI, 2007 Dodge Cummins QC 4X4 6 sp, 2007 John Deere 3120
I know where there is a 2015 loaded Golf with 18,000 miles for $15,950. It was sitting next to the loaded Passat SE with $13,000 miles that I just took home for $16,950.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I know where there is a 2015 loaded Golf with 18,000 miles for $15,950. It was sitting next to the loaded Passat SE with 13,000 miles that I just took home for $16,950.
Hmmmmm.

May I ask if you can buy and drive THOSE cars for approx 25,000 miles in approx 180 day THEN sell it back to VW for $25,625.:rolleyes:

Those cars have already been through the dieselgate and fix $$$$s

Right?

Correct?

If I am not factual -- will someone please set the record straight?:D

lamboworld

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I bought a 2015 GTI Autobahn a year ago with 14k miles for $5,000 less than what you are trying to sell your car for. It was a one owner car in perfect condition and I bought it from a dealer.

No one cares about how much they can sell the car back to VW. That has nothing to do with the price. If it did then the market would be figuring that in. Also, the listing price that a dealer sets means nothing. The only people that pay what the dealer lists a car for are fools. Maybe you will get lucky and find yourself a fool but it won't be on this message board. The most that you can hope to get for your car is probably 17k to 18k and that is probably high.

Maybe you haven't bought and sold that many cars before, but there is a reason why no one is interested.

I just bought a fully loaded 2011 BMW 335d with sport and convenience packages that was in immaculate condition for 14k. I realize that this is apples and oranges but you can see what the market is for diesels. That car new was 55k

There is just no way that your car is worth 25k. If you are really serious about selling it they you are going to have to come to reality. I don't think that you are really serious to sell this car or you would realize that the people on this board are giving you the reality.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I just bought a fully loaded 2011 BMW 335d with sport and convenience packages that was in immaculate condition for 14k. I realize that this is apples and oranges but you can see what the market is for diesels. That car new was 55k.
That's a good deal. I paid that for my '11 last year with 48K miles, but it's a base version w/o NAV. That's what I wanted, so I'm happy. But you got a good deal.

If the OP had his car fixed and sold it in the mid-teens it would be a good buy considering its known history and care, and I might be interested...if it were a manual. DSG, not so much.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Anyone correct me if I am mistaken

I bought a 2015 GTI Autobahn a year ago with 14k miles for $5,000 less than what you are trying to sell your car for. It was a one owner car in perfect condition and I bought it from a dealer.

... snip....

Can you now (or in 6 months + 27,000 miles) sell it back to VW for $25,625?:confused:

If someone buys my car they have the option to drive FREE for a long time.

Anyone correct me if I am mistaken.:p

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Can you now (or in 6 months + 27,000 miles) sell it back to VW for $25,625?:confused:

I believe something you are missing is the fact that a new owner will have to register, license, and insure for those few months. This expense will out weight any possible "savings" from the purchase of your vehicle. Furthermore, your vehicle is priced at VW buyback price which is (apparently) more than someone could get a comparable vehicle for from a dealer. When dealing with vehicles over a roughly $10k purchase price, I venture to say most sales occur at a dealership because they offer one point service for purchase and financing. Not saying someone doesn't want your car, just trying to help you realize what a potential buyer is facing cost wise.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Another BIG risk is that if someone bought his car for the VW buyback price and totaled it while driving those "free" 25,000 miles, they would not be eligible for the buyback (if the car was not driveable after the wreck).

That's a HUGE RISK in the picture he paints, but does not divulge the risks.

One would have to be an idiot to buy his car at his price.

lamboworld

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI

Who in the world would buy a car with the purpose to sell it back to VW. That is about the dumbest idea of trying to sell a car that I have ever heard. I honestly think that this thread is a joke and that you aren't really serious, because that is how silly your idea is.

If you like the car so much, then why don't you just keep it and take the money since it is such a great deal and car. You are completely confused. There is no way you would do what you are asking someone else to do or you would keep the car and take the buyback money.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Could someone buy this at buyback price and then get all the money from VW/bosch? 8kish
Sure, after they paid the sales tax (~$1500), titling fees (~ a few hundred), and then turned it in. After subtracting the $350 they would get from Bosch, they would only lose a little over a grand or so. Great deal! :p

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
I believe something you are missing is the fact that a new owner will have to register, license, and insure for those few months. This expense will out weight any possible "savings" from the purchase of your vehicle. Furthermore, your vehicle is priced at VW buyback price which is (apparently) more than someone could get a comparable vehicle for from a dealer. When dealing with vehicles over a roughly $10k purchase price, I venture to say most sales occur at a dealership because they offer one point service for purchase and financing. Not saying someone doesn't want your car, just trying to help you realize what a potential buyer is facing cost wise.
see this guy gets it.

this for sale post is giving off too much autism

Sure, after they paid the sales tax (~$1500), titling fees (~ a few hundred), and then turned it in. After subtracting the $350 they would get from Bosch, they would only lose a little over a grand or so. Great deal! :p

dude you're crazy!!! It's totally worth it!! it's been in a garage for 910 days, each day is worth at least $5 to the price hahaha

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Hmmmmm.
May I ask if you can buy and drive THOSE cars for approx 25,000 miles in approx 180 day THEN sell it back to VW for $25,625.:rolleyes:
Right?
Correct?
what about registration and taxes?
all the cars are going to need the fix or they will be illegal as they don't comply with the EPA regs from the factory. if this car had the fix and then you did an exhaust and tune it would sell faster than this

also if someone is going to drive 25k in less than a year they'll just buy a car to keep as they clearly don't have enough time to deal with buying/selling/DMV registration stupidity.
this makes no point at all, nothing here does, there is no reason for anyone to buy this car unless they just want to piss money away. no point at all, this isn't a unicorn TDI, wasn't owned by a famous person, I don't get it. just sell it back to VW and be done with it.

Last edited:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Could someone buy this at buyback price and then get all the money from VW/bosch? 8kish
If I understand what you are asking, the answer is yes.

A new owner (and also me:p) can do the "fix" and the net cost would be 8k-ish less. :D

Mid 17K(?) net cost -- prime condition, 6,388 miles, garage kept, in line for 162,000 mile 11 year warranty.

Still has bumper to bumper warranty 'til July 15 2018. Like new original condition.

.... If I am not factual, will someone please correct me:eek:

jwm470

TDI
01 Jetta, 02 Jetta, 03 Golf, 02 Beetle, 03 Wagon
This entire thread reminds me of Wall Street packaging a pile of individual rotten mortages and when the pile was large enough they were deemed A rated investments and actually had success selling them. That made no sense to me then and it stopped making sense to the investors when the majority of those mortages defaulted. A car offering should not be this complicated. I think the OP has a future in investment banking on Wall Street, he should add this thread to his resume and would probably be hired on the spot.

cleaver

Veteran Member
TDI
None - did own '01 and '02 Jetta TDI
For me, time and headache is money. Why would l want to deal with VW for a buyback just after I bought a new used car. There are wear and tear items that have time/mileage limits. What is the original seller hiding in the fact that he doesn't sell the vehicle back himself. I have trust issues, not saying that you are trying to scam someone, I doubt you are...but this is America (US and Canada)...why don't you just sell it back and be done with it less headache for you too.

If I wanted to buy a VW with the intention of selling it back I would want to make some profit too. You are escaping the headache portion of the VW buyback so why should you make all the profit. If I did buy your car, I would still have to sell it back with all the headaches, appointments, scheduling, and then search for another car to buy down the road. You want your cake and to eat it too, well I want some too.

You may sell your car for your asking price, but it will ONLY be to a sucker or someone who isn't planning on selling it back to VW. Your argument about logic does fail (see above).

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
For me, time and headache is money. Why would l want to deal with VW for a buyback just after I bought a new used car. There are wear and tear items that have time/mileage limits. What is the original seller hiding in the fact that he doesn't sell the vehicle back himself. I have trust issues, not saying that you are trying to scam someone, I doubt you are...but this is America (US and Canada)...why don't you just sell it back and be done with it less headache for you too.

If I wanted to buy a VW with the intention of selling it back I would want to make some profit too. You are escaping the headache portion of the VW buyback so why should you make all the profit. If I did buy your car, I would still have to sell it back with all the headaches, appointments, scheduling, and then search for another car to buy down the road. You want your cake and to eat it too, well I want some too.

You may sell your car for your asking price, but it will ONLY be to a sucker or someone who isn't planning on selling it back to VW. Your argument about logic does fail (see above).
I think the OP is in the Federal Witness Protection Program and does not want to divulge his personal information to VW officials, who may figure it out and try to blackmail him, that's why he is looking for a Fool to dump this car on. It happens....:p

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
For me, time and headache is money. Why would l want to deal with VW for a buyback just after I bought a new used car. There are wear and tear items that have time/mileage limits. What is the original seller hiding in the fact that he doesn't sell the vehicle back himself.
another guy here gets it
OP you only hope of selling this car is to do the fix, pocket the 8k and then sell the car for 17k if you are lucky

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Man i watch this thread for the sheer humor it provides. Its a sad sight and i shouldnt watch with such joy but so are car accidents and look at how many secondary accidents there are do to "concerned onlookers". If i was driving a car for free for X amount of time and guarenteed a certain amount of money I would Days of Thunder the $hit out of it mechanically. Race mode all the time. Green flag racing at every stop light. Plus i would perfect the Rockford.

Quincy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI, 2007 Dodge Cummins QC 4X4 6 sp, 2007 John Deere 3120
Hmmmmm.
Right?
Correct?
No, someone can't pay $16k for that Golf and sell it back to VW for $25k.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks Quincy

No, someone can't pay $16k for that Golf and sell it back to VW for $25k.
Thank you for setting the record straight.

BTW, drive it to Mom's house yesterday

20-ish (F) starting over in the morning.Took a few miles to warm up. :(

40-ish (F) and sunny coming home.:)

51.1 MPG on the idiot gauge. Some one lane (1) construction going over. Approx 80-20 road~~city

Speed = moderate. 65-ish

Odometer 6,520-ish

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
so gents, let me ask you this. If the OP was selling the car for $17K and it had the phase1 fix done, would you agree that this would be a very reasonable price for 6500 mi car? keep in mind there is another 2500 ish compensation for the phase2

Last edited:

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
so gents, let me ask you this. If the OP was selling the car for $17K and it had the phase1 fix done, would you agree that this would be a very reasonable price for 6500 mi car? keep in mind there is another 2500 ish compensation for the phase2
I would say $17k for a 6500mi car as the P.O. has described it is a fair price. Especially if the options on the OP's car is what a potential buyer is looking for!

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
I think so too, so what is this bashing all about? Someone can buy this for $25K , then get the phase1 done, get $8000 in the pocket and drive a nice golf. The only disadvantage in doing this is the sales tax difference 25K vs 17K, but this could be a subject of negotiation with the seller.