2015 TDI Tuning Options?

johnnloki

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI
Has anybody released an advanced tuning box, like the Burger Motorsports JB1/JB4 for Mk7 EA888 (and BMWs)?

Flashing a 2015 TDI back to stock will still result in problems with future warranty claims due to the flash count not matching the expected number of flashes. (I'm not sure how far back this program goes, so it could be earlier than the mk7s)

Whenever the dealership connects your car (a 2015 or newer VW/Audi) to the diagnostic computer for any reason, the number of ECU flashes is the first thing that is checked and sent to the mothership at VWOA, and I gather that area of the ECU is encrypted and hasn't been cracked.... If the number of flashes doesn't match the expected number, for any reason, then the car is branded as previously tuned and will not receive warranty coverage. (this has even included at least one CPO car that I'm aware of)

Also, it's not something the dealership can avoid doing, even if they are 'cool with mods'... It actually came about because some Audi dealers were cool with mods, cool enough with them that they themselves sold aggressive tunes, and then billed VAG for anything that went pop. (similar thing happened with BMWs years back) The extra money from the warranty work incentivized them to excessively aggressively tune the cars....

"Hey, how come Audi of Tuktoyaktuk has so many turbo failure claims?" wonders VWOA before googling their way to Audi of Tuktoyaktuk's website to see that they sell Stasis tunes and advertise them as "ProTuning with a Warranty"

edit: links to a couple things about stasis

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/535601-Why-are-Audi-Dealers-dropping-STaSIS
https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/592167-Stasis-out-of-business

A Tuning box like the BMS JB4 on my GTI is reversible and undetectable. Anybody make one yet?

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
One of the DTUK tuning boxes, according to DTUK, works on these engines. Not sure you'll find many people using it so reviews will be hard to come by. Not sure they have a distributor in North America.

There are people that are tuned that claim not to have been flagged TD1 but it's certainly a risk. And you can only be denied warranty claims for parts affected by your tune.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
You don't need no stinkin' warranty :D . If hiding tunes is a big priority, you can remove the ecu and have it boot-loaded. That won't show on the flash counter. A few of the smarter tuning boxes aren't half bad these days, though.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
There are tools that will not increase the counter on the ecu. Another option is to buy a second ECU cheap and tune on that one :)

yahmon

Veteran Member
TDI
04 passat tdi 6spd stage2 webasto TC3 , 04 passatW8 6 spd, 10 Jetta TDI 6spd stage 1
I have a 2015 Audi A3 2.0L TDI (150hp?) I'm considering keeping, rather than giving it back to the factory. I just added coilovers and love the car now, but a little more power is always welcome.

I don't want to do anything that will reduce fuel economy (other than when I lay my foot into it) and I would prefer not to do any hardware mods (turbo, injectors, etc).

Other than Malone, what are my tuning options?

Can provide dieselgate retuning overhere.

IndyTom12

TDI
2015 VW Passat Tdi
A bunch. Have yet to get a car on the dyno with before/after results but a lot of people have complained about lower RPM shift points and less torque down low. Few tests in Europe have shown this but their software is likely different.

I've heard nothing but negative things from passat owners, and mixed opinions on the golf/jetta. Double digit sample sizes in either case, but of course that's opinion and I'd like to get something concrete on the dyno. Been playing around with the 335D a lot lately but will extensively revisit this platform soon.
Hi Owain, I have a 2015 VW Passat 2.0 Tdi with the Software and Hardware fix. I bought it new in 2017 with only the Software fix in place. I immediately noticed the very lousy performance of this vehicle and you practically have to use Sport mode to get any kind of acceleration. Since there was a VW Performance shop nearby that I have used several time in the past with good Results I decided to get the Passat tuned by them. They only offer the APR tune which I have used before on other VW's of mine and they always were great, however this time there was literally no difference at all. Is it possible that VW has blocked the tampering of the ECU via the OBDII port on these 2015 vehicles? After 2 days I returned to EP Werks and had them remove the APR tune and got my money back. Again, there was absolutely no difference in performance whatsoever. The guys at EP Werks couldn't understand it either. I really do want to get a bit more performance out of this car but I hate to spend money on something that doesn't work. Can you guarantee that your tune can flash the 2015 Passat Tdi and that there will be a noticeable performance increase? I mean it can't be any worse. This is by far the slowest accelerating vehicle I have ever owned. If I weren't upside down in this thing I would sell it in a heart beat. Anyway, since I am going to be stuck with this thing for another 3 years I want to get at least a little more performance out of it. Let me know if you can help. Thank you! Tom in Noblesville, Indiana.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Yes we have no problem flashing both the ECU and dsg, livens things up considerably and we've read out all the post-fix files. Feel free to shoot us an email at info@malonetuning.com if you'd like to work something out.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
I always rollback pre- fix versions and then tune. They run much better.