I'm back ! And teamed up with the best !

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
just to be clear to everyone as of right now I am still not a vendor , and will not be releasing anything for sale until we have done everything we can to prove what we are working on to ourselves and to the TDI club . I enjoy being a part of this community and all of the discussions here , and when we have reached the point just prior to release I will announce a change to become an authorized vendor within the TDI Club .

UsArmyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta (rip)
maby i didnt clearify my intentions.

i would like to talk to some one like you , and your team mates/partners/"friends" about what i wan to do and haveing some beers together! lol

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Rock on dude....nice to see one of the krazies back! Keep us posted.....

DSLFAN

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
Hopefully he isn't the Dr. Performance that used to be in Texas years back! If so, CYA.

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
Well I will say this , I am working with Dr. Barry Sadler in Idaho . If anyone has any problem with this man or his family I don't want to do business with you either ! These people have been kind to me far beyond anything I would ask someone to be , and I don't want to hear the same ole crap about how I need to watch my back . To anyone that says anything like that , I say to you all your doing is talking crap , and unless you can match what we are doing right now your words are irrelevant .

Left Coast Resident

Ubẽr Clubbie
TDI
2001, 2002 & 2003 Jettas
Last edited:

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
here is the deal , I'm not here to bad mouth anyone . at one time Doc , myself and Greg all worked together . It was Docs Dakota that he built , I built the compound turbo system and Greg drove the truck and it set a world record for diesel pickup in the 1/4 . Something went south between Doc and Greg so yeah theres friction there and Ill just leave it at that . But the bottom line is Greg has been working on TDI stuff for his benefit . Doc and I are working on building stuff that anyone can buy in a short time from now , and it wont be some crap that your sorry you spent money on , so what happened in the past really doesn't matter about what we are doing today

Does it ?

And if it does matter to someone , I'm not going to come to your house and empty your wallet and leave parts you don't want on your doorstep LOL

I'm in this to have fun , and share years of experience of building parts for diesel engines . I'm not the only one doing it so if you wanna buy stuff we sell that's fantastic , if not I'm not going to be upset if I see you at a meet and you have someone else's parts on your car .

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
Im laughing my a$$ off at what I just read in the link about Kenny and Doc and all that . WHO CARES ? anyone can say anything including me . I could write a love story that would make everyone cry if I wanted to share my true life story ! DYNO RESULTS ARE THE TRUTH

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
and just to go a step more , when I worked with Doc in the past we had an in house Dyno , as we do now and we always made a pull before and after we put our parts on someones ride , and will be more than happy to continue to do the same thing as soon as we start releasing parts . And if you get parts from us in another part of the world and your local Dyno doesnt confirm what we say , we will take returns . And this is THE FORUM for TDI so its not like it will be some secret that our stuff dont work . I hope this answers any concerns that anyone has about what I am on this site to do

Thanks

Charlie

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
please refer to the fuel econemy section for more info about this system as I have started a new thread there that is very indepth

DSLFAN

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
Ah, Dr (yeah right) Barry Sadler aka Dr Performance - I would invite everyone to google this person, and do a little reading on Competition Diesel and see what kind of person he really is before you start putting your hard earned cash down. Sorry gsx, but if you know this guy and choose to work with him, you won't need to worry about me spending any money with you!

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
WOW! Just did the Google search. That cat has alot of negative press floating around.

I would wary of anyone who has that much bad press floating around the internet.

Have not passed judgment and will continue to review this thread but with a raised eyebrow.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Good luck in you're new endeavor. With any business arrangement It would be wise to get contract.This way everbody knowes what the deal is when a issue does comes up it.If this new business take off you don't be left out in cold that all.Good luck:)

PS If you can make these diesel engine fast and not rolling coal would be a winner:)

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
I'm curious to know.. you say you're going to be pushing 400hp soon, but you didn't mention anything about modifying the internals besides cryo-treating them. Do you have a compression ratio chosen? Who is designing your camshaft? Who is porting the head, and how/how much?

Edit: deleted question that was answered in first post, sorry :eek:

Last edited:

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
LMAO ! I can see it now :rolleyes: as this comes out and people like the product you will sneak one under your hood and change the label , and try to say you got it somewhere else or built it yourself . Its all good I'm not hating on ya ....once upon a time there was this guy that did some stuff and I heard from my sisters , cousins , aunt , that this guy did something , and bobby-joe saw him do it ....and it wasn't what he said it was ...

DYNO RESULTS :D

Ah, Dr (yeah right) Barry Sadler aka Dr Performance - I would invite everyone to google this person, and do a little reading on Competition Diesel and see what kind of person he really is before you start putting your hard earned cash down. Sorry gsx, but if you know this guy and choose to work with him, you won't need to worry about me spending any money with you!

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
to manual tranny , I dont wanna get to specific right now and be misleading to anyone , but rest assured that when the dyno says what we want it to I will tell all

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
and greggles , I would stop now , and I wont say anymore about what your doing here ,or what you have in your closet . I'm not bothering you , or Kenny , and I dont wanna get in a stupid pi$$ing match , but Barry does , and anyone that knows doc knows better than to spit in his face and then stand there . We are trying to do some legitimate work here ....I'm doing you a favor here and keeping Doc out of your business . I wont say anything else to this effect , and apologize if anyone that this doesn't pertain to has been offended by what I have just said .

UsArmyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta (rip)
to manual tranny , I dont wanna get to specific right now and be misleading to anyone , but rest assured that when the dyno says what we want it to I will tell all
with out giving away to many secrits, can you give us an ETA on the dyno results? i know that there are a fiew of us that are excited and waiting patitently for some results of your hard work! lol

manual_tranny

TDI
I don't see how answering my question would be revealing a secret.

I would think that sharing a few pertinent details of your plans would help your credibility, not to mention the money and time it could save you in development if another member here can give you a pointer here or there...

manual_tranny

TDI
For instance:

I and many others have the idea that in order to reach super-high hp levels like this, you will need something special to start the car in cold weather because of the drastically reduced compression ratios. You might consider trying to find a way to add a heating-grid (air heater) to replace (or add to) the glow plugs so that a build like this would be practical for guys in the North who want to drive your kit in the colder months.

Last edited:

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
For instance:

I and many others have the idea that in order to reach super-high hp levels like this, you will need something special to start the car in cold weather because of the drastically reduced compression ratios. You might consider trying to find a way to add a heating-grid (air heater) to replace (or add to) the glow plugs so that a build like this would be practical for guys in the North who want to drive your kit in the colder months.
It is not reality to build a 400HP VW 4cyl TDI engine as an all season build for most of North America. We will always end up with CR to low for cold starts or CR to high for PCP. If we get into the indirect injection engines from the older MB's, one can have ultra high hp/litre and still have good cold starts as the pre-chamber buffers the PCP effect on pistons and they just seem to hold cylinder pressure really well.

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
there are ways around the problems your thinking about , however your all making valid points when approached from standard methods of building these engines , which we are not doing it that way . I have had some really good post on the fuel economy section , those guys are getting it ...I'm not going to tell you all the details of what we are doing , if I did then I couldn't really have a proprietary business now could I ? like I keep saying though our dyno numbers and mileage claims will be verifiable on your local dyno and odometer , so what we do to get there is irrelevant for the most part .

manual_tranny

TDI
...I'm not going to tell you all the details of what we are doing, if I did then I couldn't really have a proprietary business now could I ?
Sorry, the consumers on this site are smart. We don't buy stuff unless we know what it is.

If we were asking for detailed instructions on how to do what you're doing, I would understand why you would say no. There are too many guys to compete with around here who will fabricate right in front of you for a reasonable price. You will be the butt of jokes for coming here and pretending you have secret ways of reaching 400hp with the ultimate fuel economy. I remember your threads from last year, strikingly similiar to this one.

Last edited:

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
maybe your the guy that got jealous and broke into my shop then ? I don't know what your wanting to know or why anyone that wants to make more horse power , or better mileage would be so negative toward someone who is working to provide things to get you there , unless you really don't want better stuff than you can already get , and if so then you need not be here looking for the improvements people are trying to develop , because to you , you already have the best there is ever going to be . and as far as Fabrication goes I've probably done more fabrication than anyone you know . I am sick of fab work , that's why I have a company that's going to produce quality kits with automated equipment , not one off stuff . things change with the time's , if you want to stay where you are that's cool and I commend you for standing your ground , but I like change and refuse to believe that we are as far as we are ever going with this engine .

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
oh and dont forget I'm only half of the equation to the formula . I am the turbo guy , Doc is the one with secrets I dont understand about fuel delivery , and I dont care what bunch of lies you find on the Internet about who did what to Gracy Lou Freebush , I have seen his work and I have been around the block and have not been able to BUY parts FROM ANYONE ELSE that do what his fuel systems do . And for all intensive purposes what anyone says period is irrelevant to a DYNO . and until I ask for money from ANYONE what is the point of being negative toward progress ? Now on the other hand I welcome criticism from any person that has personally built parts with their own hands and has proof in the form of pictures of the things they have built and tested .

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Just quietly go build your miracle and bring a product to us that works every time. We will be very grateful.

Posting here does not move your company, research or production forward and writing things like 'intensive purposes' just makes you look bad. (I hope you meant 'intents and purposes')

Looking forward to an excellent product sometime in the future.

Bill

wandlc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB GLS TDI
google Borg Warner R2S turbocharging, there are some good technical papers out there with good data and explanations.