Rear hatch auto-lock - set not to automatically lock?

sunvalleylaw

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat TDI GLS Wagon, 5 speed manual
Anyone know if that can be done with the VCDS? I have already re-set the lock on 10mph feature for the regular doors, and the unlock all with one button push. But can you set it so that the rear wagon hatch does not lock unless you tell it to? The way I use the car, it would be nice not to have to reach for my key fob every time I want to get in there.

sunvalleylaw

Veteran Member
TDI
huh, bummer. Cool, I guess, that that mod can be done, but more trouble than it is worth IMHO if you are hitting buttons to unlock anyway.

Last edited:

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
It CAN be done. It involves some special programming tool however. User Wingnut can do it. Others probably can too:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=375897

Maybe if you PM him he can tell you how. I think it is an expensive tool required though...

sunvalleylaw

Veteran Member
TDI
It CAN be done. It involves some special programming tool however. User Wingnut can do it. Others probably can too:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=375897
Maybe if you PM him he can tell you how. I think it is an expensive tool required though...
I have the Ross-Tech VCDS cable tool, and program, which could be viewed as expensive. I wonder if this is the tool. I will PM him tonight.

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
I could be wrong, but I don't think he's talking about B5.5s in that thread. The MKlV's had much greater programing flexibility.

sunvalleylaw

Veteran Member
TDI
I saw one post in the thread where passats were mentioned, so maybe, maybe. I will find out after I PM him.

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
I've got to figure out how to do this. The software you need is vids pro with a dos computer and serial port.

Thanks Otty, for proving me wrong

sunvalleylaw

Veteran Member
TDI
I've got to figure out how to do this. The software you need is vids pro with a dos computer and serial port.

Thanks Otty, for proving me wrong
what is a "vids pro"? I have the Ross-tech vcds and the software works fine on my mac via parallels and USB, but I guess you need something else?

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI

sunvalleylaw

Veteran Member
TDI
This is all I know about it:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=367760

VDS-Pro and VCDS are *not* the same product. VDS-Pro (formerly called VWTool) ceased development in 1999 due to the demise of its developer. Read the last question in this VCDS FAQ: http://www.qclt.com/wego/vag-com/hel...081/faq_1.html

VCDS will do most (but not all) of what VDS-Pro can do, but they are not the same product.
Thanks. That explains that. I have PM's into the guys to see if we can find out how to do it with the VCDS. Also, if I have some time this weekend, I will hook mine up and dig around in there and see if I can find anything. I did not see anything on my own, though, when I was tweaking the other stuff.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Yes, I can confirm that it can be done.

My B5.5 hatch acts just like another door - unlocks with the fob, locks with the fob. I never use the hatch pull in the drivers door any more - I just walk around back and lift the hatch while depressing the soft button.

As stated above, wingnut can do it - he has done a couple of cars for me now, in addition to activating the remote window up/down feature from the keyfob.

Both require re-flashing the comfort module, and the program to do it is indeed VDS-pro. There are a couple folks here in Ontario who have the setup - I'll let Wingnut chime in, but I recall he went through a few "legacy" laptops before he found one that had the right communication rate to work with VDS pro - newer laptops had too high a baud rate and would not connect.

sunvalleylaw

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, I can confirm that it can be done.

My B5.5 hatch acts just like another door - unlocks with the fob, locks with the fob. I never use the hatch pull in the drivers door any more - I just walk around back and lift the hatch while depressing the soft button.

As stated above, wingnut can do it - he has done a couple of cars for me now, in addition to activating the remote window up/down feature from the keyfob.

Both require re-flashing the comfort module, and the program to do it is indeed VDS-pro. There are a couple folks here in Ontario who have the setup - I'll let Wingnut chime in, but I recall he went through a few "legacy" laptops before he found one that had the right communication rate to work with VDS pro - newer laptops had too high a baud rate and would not connect.
Well OK! It can be done! Now, how to make that happen for me will have to be determined. Maybe a GTG/hiking and mountain biking fest up by Otty near Revelstoke? :D (kidding, that would be a long drive for everyone). Thanks for the heads up!

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
.... went through a few "legacy" laptops before he found one that had the right communication rate to work with VDS pro - newer laptops had too high a baud rate and would not connect.... .
Reasons like this is why I refuse to chuck old at/atx Motherboards. I have all old school stuff with serial and parallel ports.

Not as convenient as a laptop, but still functions the same.

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Chev Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Well OK! It can be done! Now, how to make that happen for me will have to be determined. Maybe a GTG/hiking and mountain biking fest up by Otty near Revelstoke? :D (kidding, that would be a long drive for everyone). Thanks for the heads up!
I'd love to have this mod done too. Keep me in the loop with what you guys find out! Subscribed!

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI

oregun

TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS (sold)
Nice find. Check out dosbox as well. It allows you to run old dos programs on modern hardware. Where can you get VDS pro? I'd like to try it out.

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
AH - the incentive to fix my button on the hatch...I've had the replacement part for a year. I figured out it was not working when I tried this mod...

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
I got my cable, but I'm having a hard time finding a good copy of VDS Pro. I went to one site and when I clicked the download link I got a message that my media player is out of date, click to update. I took that as code for "we want to put a virus on your computer", so I got out of there fast.

Anyone have a copy or ideas about where it can safely be downloaded?