Could an ALH oil pan be used on a BHW Block?

db123

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
I'm sorry to those who may be bothered by me starting a new thread about this, but I am wondering if anyone might know if an ALH oil pan would fit a BHW block without any modifications or problems?

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
I don't think so cause of the b5 subframe. Somebody else may have a better answer.

db123

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
The reason I ask is the ALH windage tray on the ALH motor sits in a machined lip around the perimeter of the oil pan. It would seem like this would be a better method of supporting the windage in a BS delete than just letting it hang supported by the one bolt.

I don't think so cause of the b5 subframe. Somebody else may have a better answer.

db123

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
Is there another engine code (maybe from Europe) that used an oil pump and windage tray similiar to that of an ALH where the oil pan would clear the subframe and support the windage tray as well?

db123

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
Gawd this site is awesome!!! Is the tray the same as the ALH? I just received my delete kit last week. Thanks QuickTD! You rock!!!

AVB, AVF, AWX and BGW engine codes used the normal alh oil pump and a windage tray in the passat and audi longitudinal chassis.

Pan is 06B103601AQ
Tray is 06B103623P

All engines not equipped with the balance module had an oil level sensor in the pan. (Balance module got in the way of the sensor on the BHW so it was not used.) You will need to get an oil level sensor to plug the hole or machine a blocking plate.

db123

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
Thanks again QuickTD. I am in the process of trying to source a used one. I'm hoping it'll bolt up to the BHW block without any trouble. I don't like any of the options others have used for supporting the windage tray when doing the BS Delete.

Just checked and yes, the tray is the same as the ALH part. The pan is the only diffrence. The engine codes I listed with the exception of the AWM are all european engine codes.

It will be pretty easy to find an AWM pan (06B103601P) so I would start there. I can't guarantee the fit but it looks good in the pics. There may be a version without the oil sensor but I have not encountered one in real life. I only have newer AMB 1.8T gas engines kicking around so I cant compare. AMB pans do not have the passat style snub mount holes in them. The audi A4 snub mount bolts to the side. The AWM does have the proper holes, it will just need the turbo drain and oil sensor holes blocked.